Kaseya Community

Kaseya & Connectwise - WHO HAS DONE IT

• Well for the great question: Does the connectwise client actually work with the Kaseya system?

There are 2 ways i have read about. The first way is the best in my opinion:

1. Set up a web service on Kaseya that exposes the API. Connectwise is then configured to connect to that webservice, and the client uses the API to "synchronize" (actually copies and creates) a connectwise ticket with associated ID. When the ticket is edited/closed in connectwise, the API calls do the same to the kaseya ticket. All work is done in Connectwise, but reflected in Kaseya.

2. Have Kaseya alerts, alarms, scripts, etc, somehow fire an email to connectwise. Connectwise then parses the email via pre-defined rules and creates a ticket. This ticket is in no way associated with the kaseya ticket.

The problem is i have been told my other IT that option 1 does not work. I am not personally sure if it does or not, but I cannot try it until I have evidense it does. #2 will work, but just isn't as streamlined and requires more customization.

So in short, who has done these? And ahead of time, sorry if i am wrong about the details of how these work. Reading the Kaseya documentation and learning as i go.

Legacy Forum Name: Kaseya & Connectwise - WHO HAS DONE IT,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boostmr2
  • You know, I haven't been able to get this working for me (option #1) and would love to hear from anyone who has been able to get option #1 working.

Legacy Forum Name: MSP General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • boostmr2,

We use AutoTask not Connectwise but do the same thing.

I have setup our Alerts to Create a ticket in kaseya.

I then use Kaseya's Ticketing Notify Policy to fire an email to our Service Desk system.

Doing it this way parses all the appropriate Kaseya ticket info into your service desk system.
    You can modify the format of the email and any specific details you wish to send.

Legacy Posted By Username: garry
  • Thats good info, it verifies the Kaseya API works. I need it to work a little differently, as Connectwise is the center of our world, with exception to network monitoring. I would love to integrate Kaseya and Connectwise per the Connectwise documentation, but i'll settle for formatted emails. I have one thing set up in this fassion already, so we'll see what happens.

Legacy Posted By Username: boostmr2
  • I don't know about the API. But we do have CW receiving tickets from monitor alerts in Kaseya. A simple forum search should point you in the right direction. It has been discussed at length in these forums.

Legacy Posted By Username: TITaN