Kaseya Community

Connectwise & Kaseya

• Is anyone running CW PSA and Kaseya? Is Kaseya working on a true API integration? If you are running CW and Kaseya, how did you integrate ticketing in Kaseya with ticketing in CW? Feedback would be cool.

Legacy Forum Name: Connectwise & Kaseya,
    Legacy Posted By Username: emerge
  • This was in the old forums, my company is running CW and Kaseya together. It took alot of parsing rules and different ticket boards, but we pretty much have it down. We have alerts automatically generating CW tickets and placing them on particular boards for different skill set engineers. I know there is someone who has info on this, hopefully someone will respond with more info, it truly is a great thing! Good Luck!Big Smile

Legacy Forum Name: MSP General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: VNET
  • To redirect Kaseya's agent to use ConnectWise for ticketing:

Agent Tab->Agent Menu. Select custom URL (to the right of user login page). Use this URL http:///support/index.htm?machineID=&gotoparams=newsr

Now the agent will be directed to the ConnectWise portal for new and existing ticket access. Make sure you assign a contact to the machine configuration in ConnectWise.

Legacy Posted By Username: connectex
  • If you want a 1,000 tickets not being parsed by company good luck with Connectx's opinion.

I highly suggest creating some parsing rules and seperate boards for after hours monitoring.

• VNET
    If you want a 1,000 tickets not being parsed by company good luck with Connectx's opinion.

I highly suggest creating some parsing rules and seperate boards for after hours monitoring.

Are you using the email connector module to do that?

Legacy Posted By Username: rwitt
  • yeppers, it is worth its weight in gold

• Can you post an example of a few of the parsing rule? I have support with CW, but they did not do a good job with the parsing rule training.

Legacy Posted By Username: emerge
  • It is pretty easy here are some screenshots to get you going

Then here are the rules:

Good Luck, once you get going it is pretty easy, make sure your machine group matches your company ID. Also make sure that under the management tab under the company you are setting up that "Kaseya" is listed.

• I setup my rules the way you have them but tickets are always showing up in Connectwise under my company rather than the client's. I believe this is because the parsing rule first matches the email generating the alert which is (email@mycompany.com). The rest of the parsing rules become irrelevant. I'm curious how you handle this or if I'm missing something. Do you use an email from a different domain for your Kaseya? Do you have a separate service board for Kaseya-generated alerts that ignores email address? I would prefer to keep this on the same service board that is used by my customers since we only have one (small) group of techs who all do a little of everything.

Legacy Posted By Username: tking
  • We have a couple of email addresses we use for various things:

managed@domainname.com = basically our catch all
    daytime-monitoring@domainname.com = for alerts we only want during normal business hours

Clients machine group in Kaseya HAS to match what you have for comapny ID in CW. It IS Case sensitive. From there you should get alerts on your CW boards that match the company name and not "catch all". Let me know if this not the anwser you are looking for.

• Thank you for the clarification. The Company ID case was not matching on all clients. I think the real issue was that I discovered the subject line parsing rule simply won't work having all three of {Device Name},{company},{Device Description} entered. I had to keep only {Device Name} and then it works. That's good enough for what I need to do- at least for now. This may be a bug that was fixed in later versions of CW (we haven't updated for quite some time).

• We have it setup with "{AffectedService} on {DeviceName}.{company}.{DeviceDescription}" and some parsing variables based on various issues. Just make sure that the parsing variables chosen are actually in your email subject line parsing rule.

Legacy Posted By Username: cbnny
  • So even though we have the "configuration" tab configured with the same name as in Kaseya, it will still not parse the rule, unl,ess the Company ID matches it exactly? So what do people suggest to setup their agent rollout? We use one agent to push to all machines, and have iut use the machine anme and domain name for Kaseya naming purposes. I am trying to get thte parsing worked out, and I want to make sure I understand this issue before proceeding..

Legacy Posted By Username: rneubauer
  • We can change the CW id or the Kaseya machine group id to match either. We rollout agents on a network by network basis

computerid.machinegroup.servers
    computerid.machinegroup.workstations

That is pretty much it, unless there are special circumstances. Does anyone else have examples as to how they name machines?

• We handle mostly small businesses- our conventions may not work for bigger operations where you want to break out by several physical locations, etc. What we've put together has worked thus far, however....

Example: if we're supporting PCs @ Microsoft, our client code would be MICRO and we'd use that for CW Company ID as well as the Kaseya group.

Our conventions are as follows:

Computername:
    CompanyID-locationcode-# - i.e. MICRO-M-0008 would be a PC-for Microsoft that is 'mobile' - i.e. a laptop. The # 8 just means it was the 8th PC put into service for them.

Servers have a different convention that by its nature has to be more flexible. Generally, this is:

companyid-primarynetworkfunction - i.e. micro-bes would be Microsoft's Blackberry Enterprise Server

Kaseya Machine ID:
    computername.companyid - i.e. micro-m-0008.micro

We handle the distinctions between servers/workstations via collections and views.