Kaseya Community

Tech Jam Sessions... not starting on time

• Good day to all...

I have made it a point to attend the last 4 tech jam sessions. In all but one, the tech jam session has not started on time, nor without technical difficulties. While I am writing this posting I have been waiting for today's tech jam session to start (over 34 mins late). Seems they've once again ran into some kind of difficulty.

K, this type of stuff makes you look unprofessional, especially when it keeps happening week after week.

Also, it is very frustrating!

Legacy Forum Name: Tech Jam Sessions... not starting on time,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • Totally agree.

I even suggested canceling one of them after they were 20minutes late.

Rather than everyone sit around with there thumb up there @$$ waiting...

Legacy Forum Name: emPOWER Education,
    Legacy Posted By Username: GrantB
  • The one session I was able to attend also started late. It was also filled with technical difficulties I believe that at one point the present lost audio connection. I also see similar things with their empower videos half the time I can't stand to watch them because the sound keeps going in and out with pips and squeals.

Like boudj said it looks very unprofessional.

Legacy Posted By Username: YLindsay
  • Because I live on the other side of the world, Tech Jams for me start in the middle of the night. At one point I was able to watch an archive of the Tech Jams, which meant I could also avoid the late starts and skip the bad/missing audio.

However, the ability to watch an archived Tech Jam webinar has now disappeared. Does anyone know if it can be still be viewed somewhere, somehow?

Legacy Posted By Username: darrylm
  • Good afternoon

Since we started the tech jam sessions back in May, 2008 we have only had to cancel two sessions due to unforeseen circumstances that arose with the presenter. On those two ocassions, I stayed online for about 30 minutes to advise attendees of the cancelation. These sessions have proven to be very valuable in that they are highly interactive. They are also recorded and posted to the training portal two weeks after the live presentation. Thank you for your continued support

Legacy Posted By Username: mike.hendrie@kaseya.com
  • Mike,

The sessions are very good, and we all benefit from them (that means Kaseya too!). For weeks I would make time in my schedule to be available every Wed for a tech Jam, only to have it not start ontime, usually 15 mins late (and sometimes a 1/2 hour), and usually there was technical difficulties. I raiseed my concerns in this posting so that K could see how this affects their clients view of K and do something to address it.

OR in a nutshell, all of these things added up to a lack of professionalism by K. This is something K could more easily control (verus an unknown compatibility in your software) and prevent. After going through several Tech Jams with repeated difficulties, I got frustrated and stopped attending them. Once again my frustration wasn't with the actual content of the Tech Jam, but with the lack of professionalism in organizing it and bring it off.

Finally, I do appreciate the fact that K is doing this (this is an excellent business practice), but as you can see above, its one I now rarely take advantage of because of the serious inconsistency in getting one launched on time without any difficulties. I'll probably drop in again eventually to see if this process has been improved.

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • boudj
    For weeks I would make time in my schedule to be available every Wed for a tech Jam, only to have it not start ontime, usually 15 mins late (and sometimes a 1/2 hour), and usually there was technical difficulties.

This hits the nail on the head for me. Everyone here is busy, I'm sure. When I schedule an hour, it needs to be used up or it was a waste of time, and productivity was lost. When a tech jam doesn't start for 30 minutes, that's pure lost time. I appreciate the tech jams and the content they provide, but most of us simply can't afford to lose that kind of time week after week.

Legacy Posted By Username: arobar
  • The tech jams are now scheduled every second and fourth Wednesday of every month. I log on about 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time to test my audio and that the presenters audio and connectivity work as expected. There are some VOIP issues with Citrix from time to time so when possible, the presenter uses a land line. I am keenly aware of how precious everyone's time is so we do make sure the presentation starts on time. With the exception of the two cancelations mentioned in the previous threads, I don't recall a delay as mentioned in other threads.

Thanks for your support
    Mike

Legacy Posted By Username: mike.hendrie@kaseya.com