Kaseya Community

2008-01-29 Sydney - Attendees

• Hi,

I am not sure if any of the other people from the Sydney training are on the forums or not, however I think it would be a great idea to keep in contact with regard to community updates/scrips/thoughts etc.

I am Sam Taylor of Networking Plus (a Brisbane company). I had the MacBook with Vista and was crashing.

I am particularly interested in getting in contact with Adam and Matt from Adelaide as well as Mike from Auckland. And of course Andrew from Kaseya.

Cheers Guys.

Legacy Forum Name: 2008-01-29 Sydney - Attendees,
    Legacy Posted By Username: sam.taylor
  • Hi Sam,

I'm David Benet from SMB Technology in Melbourne. I was the tall American who was always asking how to get things working in Vista.

I agree, we should stay in touch. There should be value in Aus/NZ Kaseya users sharing information as we know there are some significant challenges such as bandwidth limitations that may force us to approach some automation techniques differently than those in other parts of the world.

My e-mail is dbenet at smbtech dot com dot au

Legacy Forum Name: emPOWER Education,
    Legacy Posted By Username: smbtechnology
  • Hi Sam
    Its Adam from Adelaide, yep it would be good to keep in contactSmile
    I learnt a fair bit, especially about the scripting. I think it could of used another day or two on scripting.
    Trying to work out how to do an install of Adobe reader from Kaseya at the moment.

Legacy Posted By Username: mrbiggles
  • Hi there,

Just saw this and thought I would put it up - probably already sorted.

I just used this - it runs the adobe installer from a network share within a network. Just runs it with a progress bar but no user interaction. Uses the system as user.

I am in dublin Ireland gents and would be very keen to discuss methods and approaches with other kaseya users. I know I am no where near Aus / NZ but we will definitely face some of the same challenges.

Sorry don't mean to be butting in but just trying to build up as much resource sharing as I can.

Michael

Script Name: Install Adobe 8
    Script Description: install Adobe 8 -

IF True
    THEN
    Execute File
    Parameter 1 : \\SERVERNAME\ShareNAME\adobe8\adobe8installer.exe
    Parameter 2 : /sPB/rs
    Parameter 3 : 2
    OS Type : 0
    ELSE

Legacy Posted By Username: mmartin
  • Cheers for getting in contact David and Adam.

We currently have 1 full time person working on our Kaseya implimentation so hopefully we can come up with good things and share them round!

Legacy Posted By Username: sam.taylor
  • sam.taylor
    Cheers for getting in contact David and Adam.

We currently have 1 full time person working on our Kaseya implimentation so hopefully we can come up with good things and share them round!

hah, that would be me, i guess Smile . Rudi from Networking Plus, currently rolling out Kaseya solution to beta testers, writing documentation, procedures, implementing, etc..

Legacy Posted By Username: rudi
  • Hey Guys, !

This is Michael, ( the instructor for the boot camp) Good to see you folks in here trading information!!

Just thought I would pass along something I found lurking about the web

http://smbtechnology.wordpress.com/2008/02/08/my-name-is-david-and-im-a-kaseya-user/#comment-15

Made me smile to read that, and as always folks if you have any questions feel free to drop us an email to training at Kaseya dot com

Mike De Armond

Legacy Posted By Username: Mike.Dearmond
  • Hi Sam, Adam, David and Mike

Damien here from WA. I also was at the bootcamp.

Going crazy trying to implement Kaseya to our clients.

I would also like to keep in touch.

Cheers

Damien

Legacy Posted By Username: damien
  • michael.martin@itfocus.ie
    Hi there,

Just saw this and thought I would put it up - probably already sorted.

I just used this - it runs the adobe installer from a network share within a network. Just runs it with a progress bar but no user interaction. Uses the system as user.

I am in dublin Ireland gents and would be very keen to discuss methods and approaches with other kaseya users. I know I am no where near Aus / NZ but we will definitely face some of the same challenges.

Sorry don't mean to be butting in but just trying to build up as much resource sharing as I can.

Michael

Script Name: Install Adobe 8
    Script Description: install Adobe 8 -

IF True
    THEN
    Execute File
    Parameter 1 : \\SERVERNAME\ShareNAME\adobe8\adobe8installer.exe
    Parameter 2 : /sPB/rs
    Parameter 3 : 2
    OS Type : 0
    ELSE

You could add in the IF statement to check if the adobe installer file existed, if so run it, if not copy it etc.

Or you could just use Write File, as the first step to eensure the file is always there. If the file already exists then it wont write it again.

Legacy Posted By Username: Nathan Coulthard
  • Hi Sam,

Justin from Perth,

I was the "Software as a Service" provider for the Mining industry.
    Having fun trying to utilise Kaseya in our environment.

Getting ready for an international deployment all with Kaseya sitting in the background.

Cheers

Justin

Legacy Posted By Username: justin.perth