Kaseya Community

Garbled Audio in Courses

• Both my consultant and I have been experiencing garbled audio when running the Empower Online Training. He is running Vista and I am running Windows XP Pro. In particular, Lesson 1 in the 109: SNMP Monitoring Introduction. I can see that it uses Adobe Shockwave and we have both updated it on our systems.

Anyone else having this issue? Maybe reps from Kaseya can test it out and see if it happens for them as well. It happens so often so as to be extremely distracting from the material we are trying to learn.

Legacy Forum Name: Garbled Audio in Courses,
    Legacy Posted By Username: cgracie@sygnet.ca
  • I experienced the same thing. I thought it was because I was using Firefox under Linux to watch them and something wasn't supported.

Legacy Forum Name: emPOWER Education,
    Legacy Posted By Username: arobar
  • I tried many different machine, with many different OSes, the problem has to be with the files. I just did the best I could with what was there. I also had a problem where a few were VERY quiet. My laptop wouldn't go loud enough, so I had to move to the desktop to listen it them.

Legacy Posted By Username: ericpeterson
  • This is a problem with a lot of the courses.
    But, most of them are just a walkthrough of the items that you see on the interface, not much about practices or what they really do (or at least not for the ones that we were interested in).
    In which case...you might as well just spend the hour or so walking through the interface yourself.
    Sorry it's not a real answer, but there is not much you can do about the quality of the audio on the files (nor the fact that some of them include periods of silence with a few throat clearing moments...um...edit them before publishing!!)

Legacy Posted By Username: rhayes@expertnetsolutions.com
  • rhayes@expertnetsolutions.com
    ... most of them are just a walkthrough of the items that you see on the interface, not much about practices or what they really do...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt this way. I had already poked around the interface for a long while before visiting emPOWER, and I was disappointed with a lot of the material. I was hoping for an explanation as to what each feature does, not just it's name.

Legacy Posted By Username: arobar
  • Due to a recent update in the recording software, there is a known flash file issue that has affected the pre-recorded courses. We will be re-publishing these courses. Thanks.

Legacy Posted By Username: mike.hendrie@kaseya.com
  • That would be great since as of the moment the courses are pretty terrible to use. A lot of the video is pathetically small and blurry as well. Given that Kaseya generally charges for this content, it would be smart of them to make it as good as possible...

Legacy Posted By Username: cgracie@sygnet.ca
  • The Education department is striving to make each course clear and audible as possible. We are sorry for this setback and have acted to correct the problem.

Legacy Posted By Username: Charles.spencer@kaseya.com
  • Any idea when the courses will be re-published with working audio?

Legacy Posted By Username: sjmconsulting
  • Yesp. I gave up because the audio is so garbled it is almost impossible to listen to.

Legacy Posted By Username: jor@qualcom.ie
  • I am only on the second course (102) Pricing methodology, but the audio is perfect no problems at all.

Legacy Posted By Username: PeterS