Kaseya Community

FTP Site for the Kaseya emPower MSP Toolkit

• Now that you have made the important decision to affect a fundamental and meaningful economic change in the way you deliver IT services. At Kaseya, we are dedicated to “empowering” you with the support and resources you need to successfully implement this change and transition your business.

The Kaseya em[/i]Power Toolkit provides you with immediate access to technical information, sales and marketing tools and industry knowledge resources. Resources developed by industry experts and through collaboration with skilled and successful Kaseya MSPs that have the knowledge, expertise and experience in implementing successful and profitable IT automation practices.

A FTP site is now available to download the contents of the Kaseya emPower MSP Toolkit.

ftp://209.216.10.215/

Username: empower

Password: GOmsp2007

The Kaseya emPower MSP Toolkit includes:

Getting Started

Everything you need to install, configure, deploy and support the Kaseya IT Automation Framework.

• Installation Guides
    • Key Kaseya Contacts
    • Kaseya
    • emPower Education
    MSP Tools and Templates

Product, pricing, positioning and promotion. Access invaluable marketing and sales samples and templates to help you market and sell your IT service delivery offerings. Brand and customize with your logo and the unique value proposition of your business.[/i]

• MSP Case Study Guide (Developing References)
    • MSP Customizable Collateral (provided in .pdf, .doc and text only formats)

• MSP Customizable Brochure
      • [/i]
      • MSP Customizable Proposal
      • [/i]
      • MSP Customizable Pricing Guide
      • [/i]
      • MSP Customizable Service Plan with SLA
      • [/i]
      • MSP Customizable Workstation SLA
      • [/i]
      • MSP Customizable Server SLA
      • [/i]

• Kaseya Whitepaper Library

• Steps to Success for Making the Switch to Managed Service
      • Automating and Optimizing Service Desk Performance
    Kaseya Marketing Information

• Kaseya Logo and style Guide
    • Technology Overview
    • Kaseya Product Brief
    • Kaseya Endpoint Security Product Brief
    • Kaseya emPower Brochure
    • Kaseya emPower Out-Tasking Data Sheet
    • Kaseya emPower Education Data Sheet
    • Kaseya Corporate Overview
    • MSP Case Studies

• Compudyne
      • Infinity Business Systems
      • Endsight
      • inHouse IT
      • Think Smart, Inc.
      • Twisted Technologies
      • Polar Systems
      • Axxis Technology

Download these tools today at the Kaseya emPower FTP site:

ftp://209.216.10.215/

Username: empower

Password: GOmsp2007

The information available on or through the Kaseya emPower Toolkit is intended to provide general information, examples and guidelines only.An effort has beenmade to ensure the quality and accuracy of the informationprovided. However, Kaseya is not responsible for the accuracy ofanylegal contentorfinancial references,and does notendorse the information, content, presentations, or accuracy ofany such information orof anyexamplesused in Kaseya emPower Toolkit.Kaseya makes nowarranty, express or implied, regardingany of the information, examplesor guidelines incorporated into Kaseya emPower Toolkit.The contents of this media should not be construed as legal, accountingor financialadvice. Each component on this media must be read in conjunction withand is subject tothis disclaimer.

All contents of the Kaseya emPower Toolkit are © Copyright 2000-2007 Kaseya, All rights reserved. All names and products mentioned may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.

Legacy Forum Name: FTP Site for the Kaseya emPower MSP Toolkit,
    Legacy Posted By Username: claudia.coleman
  • can we put those back into the forum? It isn't really friendly via ftp.

Legacy Forum Name: Kaseya emPower MSP Toolkit,
    Legacy Posted By Username: mmancini
  • I agree, just post in the forum, I can't even access the FTP site, it automatically closes the session.

Legacy Posted By Username: Matthew Reid
  • Any client has being disconnect by server after login.

Regards,

Moacyr Leite da Silva (AKADNYX)

Legacy Posted By Username: moacyrs
  • moacyrs wrote:
    Any client has being disconnect by server after login.

Regards,

Moacyr Leite da Silva (AKADNYX)

After contact claudia.coleman I checked against our :-?configuration and the problem was solved using a ftp client thatconnectusing FTPPASSIVE MODE to the ftp server.

Regards,

Moacyr

Legacy Posted By Username: moacyrs
  • I finally downloaded the emPower Toolkit, but I had to overcome two problems:

1. The ftp server only understands passive mode.

2. The toolkit is actually a directory structure of many individual files. If you want to download the whole thing it’s very tedious and time consuming.
    If all you want to do is browse the contents and download a few files, the easiest way is to enable passive mode in Internet Explorer. Do this by going to Tools, Internet Options, “Advanced” tab. Find the “Enable FTP folder view” and make sure it’s unchecked. Scroll down a little ways further and check the box for “Use passive FTP.” Save your settings and log in to the ftp site.

Without a program like WS-FTP, SecureFX, or some other third-party FTP tool, there is no good way to transfer entire directory structures from an FTP site. My workaround was to use Microsoft Expression Web (FrontPage would probably work, too) and tell the program that the emPower FTP site was actually my remote website. I then copied the website from my remote (emPower) site to my local folder.

If you are a Microsoft partner and Action Pack subscriber (as I suspect most of us are) you already have Expression Web, so you don’t need to purchase anything.

It’s not the most elegant solution, but it works.

Regards,
    Rob Parker
    SierraOne Consulting

Legacy Posted By Username: parkerer
  • There is this crazy thing called "Command Prompt" you can FTP using that and it works just fine.

here is how:

At a command prompt type ftp

enter user name and password

then type prompt

That turns off prompting when we go to download

Then type MGET *

That will then download everything into a single location.

You can also type LCD , ex. LCD d:\

that will change the directory to copy the files to your d drive

Legacy Posted By Username: sfullerton
  • sfullerton, the problem here is that the Kaseya ftp site only works in passive mode. To my knowledge, there is no way of starting the native Windows ftp utility in passive mode (and yes, I tried using the “literal pasv” command after logging in.) On a *nix box you could run “ftp –p” to login in passive mode, but since the files and folders in the empower toolkit include spaces in their names, the “mget *” command won’t work. I’m sure there’s a way to script it on a *nix box, but IMO it’s not worth that much effort.

Here’s a solution that’s better than my original recommendation: get a free Windows ftp utility such as FileZilla (http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla.) It works, and it makes the download relatively painless ;-) (DISCLAIMER: I downloaded, installed, and used it once on a Vista box without problems, but YMMV.)

Legacy Posted By Username: parkerer
  • I did it using the FTP client in Vista and it downloaded everything just fine.

Legacy Posted By Username: sfullerton
  • use the command "literal pasv" in DOSFTP, thatshould put it in passive mode.

Legacy Posted By Username: syscal
  • I easily made this work with Flash FXP... which is what I use, but I did want to note that I had to resume the transfer a few times to get it all.

Legacy Posted By Username: Gamer-X
  • If you use Firefox, FTP is simple. Click Tools, then Add Ons. Search for FireFTP. Install it.
    Clicked on Manage Accounts - New because I may come back to this site later. I called it Kaseya, I put in ftp://209.216.10.215/, then the login name and password, then clicked okay. Then click connect.
    The left hand side of your screen is your computer. The right hand side is the remote computer. On the left hand side, I navigated to my desktop, created a new folder called Kaseya and highlighted it. On the right hand side, you see the Empower Toolkit folder. Click on the root folder just above it so that the Empower Toolkit shows up on the far right window. Then just click the green arrow pointing left in the middle of the screen and the whole thing downloads to your Kaseya folder on your desktop.

Legacy Posted By Username: Drumplayr
  • So when is this coming back???

Legacy Posted By Username: Interprom