Kaseya Community

Lock Down Script

• I'm looking for help to create a "Lock Down" script that will automate turning off windows componets via group policy for public use computers. The computers are not on a Domain, but are stand alone, the user needs to be able to run Office suite and edit work, surf the web, and that's about it. I'm logging into the computer and turning off everything now but would love to beable to push a script for new machines and have it "LOCK" the computer. ANY IDEAS?

Legacy Forum Name: Lock Down Script,
    Legacy Posted By Username: dan_rche
  • Just off the top of my head:

Can't you save a local policy as a template and then import that on another computer? There might be a way you can automate the import of a local policy template.

Legacy Forum Name: Script Requests,
    Legacy Posted By Username: byulke
  • Great idea but using the .adm files don't seem to take when i over write them into the windows/inf folder. Also, how can i only lock down the user and not the Admin account?

• ok,

I figured it out. Modify your local group policy for what ever you want to allow or disallow. When your done do a "gpupdate" command.

you can now copy the folder C:\windows\system32\Group Policy in full and then paste it into the same path on another computer and do a "gpupdate" command and you be done!!! Smile

Note: you can exclude the local Administrator from the LGP by removing the "read" permission from the folders.

Found it in the MS Tech web page.