Kaseya Community

disk space

• i would like to find a script that could send a alarm if disk space on a drive gose below a certian amount

Legacy Forum Name: disk space,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Mike105
  • Mike,

You can already do this in the alerts function. If you go to the Monitor tab and go under the alerts function you will see the low disk alert.

God Bless,

Marty

Legacy Forum Name: Script Requests,
    Legacy Posted By Username: MissingLink
  • Kaseya's disk space monitoring may help you. However, rememberit's based on per percentage ofhard disk space.Unfortunely, you can not set a percentageper hard drive/partition. Therefore, if you have three drives on your server you must choose one percentage for the all the drives on the server. I know other have complained about this too. It would be nice if Kaseya would extend this feature.

Legacy Posted By Username: connectex
  • thank you for your help with this issue

Mike

Legacy Posted By Username: Mike105
  • There is anotherpost on the forum discussing disk space monitoring via other means:

http://www.kaseya.com/kforum/view_topic.php?id=1445&forum_id=42

Legacy Posted By Username: connectex
  • You could also create a monitor set using the 'logical disk' counter and select '% Free space' for your purpose. You can then also choose a logical disk/partition like C: or D:.

Advantages you have using a monitor for this is the graphical history display (for end user reporting) and the ability of using trends to spot if a disk is nearing the alarm threshold.

'Problems' are that you need to set a monitor set for each logical disk and that a monitor set can use up some bandwith and storage space. So keep the check interval to a minimum.

Also, as far as I know you might need to activate the performance counters for the 'logical disk' on Windows 2000 (servers) by using the command: diskperf -y
    (-yv for just logical disks, -yd for just physical disks, -n to disable them, -? for general help.)

You can also do multiple checks in one monitor set. We use it collect data for '% free space', 'Free MB' and to check the 'Average Disk Queue Length'.

{addition}
    Sorry, didn't check the other forum post Connectex spotted below. That forum post basically outlays the same as I said.

Legacy Posted By Username: rdc
  • Check Available Disk Space Agent Procedure

http://community.kaseya.com/resources/m/knowexch/55179/download.aspx

[edited by: Mark A. Villareal at 10:37 AM (GMT -8) on 2-8-2011] Added description
  • 4 years, not bad... I think this gets the resurrection award...

• Sweet.  I like awards.