Kaseya Community

Internet Usage Monitoring

• IE History script.txt
    Yes, when I try to import it, it says the following:
    " The IF statement True is not valid"

I attached the txt file I used to import

Legacy Forum Name: Script Requests,
    Legacy Posted By Username: tdouglas@jmark.com
  • Don't import from a file, copy the script directly from the forum (starting with: "Script Name: Retrieve...") and paste in the "Paste the script in here" box of the import window. The script will be added to the scripts tree as a separate script titled "Retrieve IE History Addresses v2"

-Ed

Legacy Posted By Username: bellcpa
  • Strangely, when I do that, I get the following error:

THEN statement 1 Script Name: Retrieve IE History Addresses v2 is not valid

I also want to check out the script but am having difficulty importing it. Not sure why it's doing this.

Legacy Posted By Username: vplaza
  • Ok, I suspect this might have had something to do with the formatting of the script as I posted it on the forum (possible line breaks in the Script Description). I have edited the script on the forum to fix this issue and now in my tests both cut/paste and import file methods now import the script error-free. Give it another shot.

-Ed

• Thanks for working on this. Unfortunately, I'm still receiving the same error message when trying to import using the cut/paste method. Just to verify, it's the script on this page:

http://www.securemycompany.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38

• Very odd. Yes that is the right script. I guess you can try removing the description all together:

Script Name: Retrieve IE History Addresses v2

Script Description:

IF True

• Yes, it looks like it definitely had something to do with formatting. I copied the script to a text editor and deleted all the extra spaces at the end of each line, saved it to a text file, and used the "Browse" and "Import" features. It appears to have imported fine.

Thanks again.

• Retrieve IE History.txt
    I had the same problem, but I can't remember now what I did to fix it.

I thought it must have been something I was doing wrong.

I've exported the script I've got running on my KServer and have attached it here as a file. I hope Ed doesn't mind!

Don' forget to change your email address in the script.

Note: You still need to go to Ed's site to download all the requried files, this is just the script.

Legacy Posted By Username: jedmonds
  • The import worked for me! Thanks!

Legacy Posted By Username: tdouglas@jmark.com
  • I keep failing on step 6 when running this script. I have looked and the history.txt file is not showing up in the temp directory, so that is why I am not getting a variable for step 6. Any thoughts. The other files are there but not the log file. I have tried it on several different machines and no luck.

If i double click the file or try to run it in a command shell I get Expected ')' Line 92 char 1, Code 800A03EE

Any ideas?

Legacy Posted By Username: toddbn
  • Hi toddbn,

The reason you are having problems executing the script is because we were recently experiencing problems with our forum (http://www.securemycompany.com/forum)that forced us to re-upload all script attachments. Unfortunatelly the attachments we uploaded contained formatting information not understood by Windows systems, causing VBScript parser to throw errors similar to yours. I have since re-uploaded the original (unmangled) attachments.

Please download iehistory2.txt from http://www.securemycompany.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38

one more time.

Thanks,

• Hello,

I know this is old but could you possibly upload it again for me. I also need the files that go with the script (the executable files and the .vbs scripts)

Please and Thank you

Be Blessed

Legacy Posted By Username: Kcbrownlee
  • Our forum was temporarily down since our registrar+dns host experienced unexpected nightly downtime on th 25th. It should be back up now and you can find the files at their original locations. VBS files have .txt extensions that will need to be changed after you download them.

• Is there anyway to get the date and time in the hostory for the sites? That would be very helpful if possible.

Thanks

Legacy Posted By Username: toddbn
  • I have successfully tested the ability to do date/time with this script. I will have to work through how to modify the VB script in order to accomodate the additional steps necessary to do this. It worked manually, and it is a little more involved, but it does work and you do get the URL and the USER name, and the DATE/TIME stamp as well.

More soon, when I finish rewriting the VB script and K scripts. Probably a day or two to write and test.

More soon.

Gamer-X

Legacy Posted By Username: Gamer-X