Kaseya Community

Removing Symantec Client via a Script

• I have a need to, via a script, remove Symantec AntiVirus v10. I have located the successor to NoNav9 (which didn't completely remove v10) - it's called SCSCleanWipe.

Can somebody at Kaseya help me write a script - I guess we need to Upload the file to Shared files in Kaseya, and then execute a script that:

1. Sends the file to the client
    2. Unzips the file to a directory
    3. Runs the BAT file in the directory
    4. Deletes the file and the unpacked directory + contents
    5. Restarts the workstation

I've included the .ZIP file for reference (and public use).

Legacy Forum Name: Removing Symantec Client via a Script,
    Legacy Posted By Username: CFT-Rick
  • We will take a look at this..

Just wanted to keep you posted, I have not been successfull yet.

Legacy Forum Name: Script Requests,
    Legacy Posted By Username: sourceminer
  • Rick,

In honor of your dedication to killing Symantec, we would be GLAD to assist in creating a script that will assist you in your goal. We are massive McAfee Patriots, so getting rid of Symantec has always been somewhat of a daunting task. I have resources dedicated to this goal already and we will post the result as soon as we have it working.

Legacy Posted By Username: elehman
  • Elehman

We will have to disagree here. I love Symantec and have never had a virus problem on any of our Symantec clients.

We never see the typical McAfee problem where the DAT file and virus engine get out of sync, causing the anti-virus protection to stop.

And, Symantec does not try to take my clients direct as McAfee attempts to do.

hc

Legacy Posted By Username: howardc
  • Have you tried SCSCleanwipe? It needs a little modification, but I am using it now.

Legacy Posted By Username: restech
  • You might want to read my initial post again

• I finally have succeeded in this task, everything you need is in the zip file, just need to repoint the folder structure for you managed files and scripts. THe reference to RESTECH Template script simply creates the folder "c:\\options\\scriptdir"

I fifgured you could do the delete and reboot yourself.

Legacy Posted By Username: restech
  • Thank you very much - I'll test it on one of our lab machines and let you know our results