Kaseya Community

ANyword on KES

• Ok, so I am chomping at the bits to get my hands on KES, only because I may have 2 clients already, if I like what I see, that will be utilizing this, anyone hear as to when this is going to be released.

I heard it was today, anyone know anything about it?

Legacy Forum Name: ANyword on KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: NuMoJo
  • I do not believe it will be this week. Maybe end of next week.

Legacy Forum Name: Partner to Partner,
    Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • OK, that BITES. I need to evaluate that product now, or never, my clients need to update AV by the end of the month, and I want to show them and myself if this is worth it, if it does not come out today, I might as well forget it, because it is not going to be worth it for me after that, I have pushed off quoting for my clients until after this weekend so that I can test and develop a pricing strategy for this.

so this functional version they had on the demo, and the misleading press release and the sales rep saying it would be out today means nothing.

guess I have to get busy quoting products for my clients, because Kaseya still won't allow us an advanced peek at the product unless they are beta testers.

• I feel for you, I really do.

I know it must be frustrating as we are right near release and we have been waiting a while. I am in beta and I can tell you for me it's been worth the wait. My favorite thing about Kaseya is that when they release products/versions that it works out of the gate. They are REALLY good about this.

I am sure the reasons for the delays is because they want to provide you a great product. They want to be sure to live up to your expectations and not let us down. I personally appreciate this a lot. Too many vendors dish out bad products and just rely on tech support and follow-up patches to resolve problems.

-Farzon

• I appreciate it as well, but like i said, i am in a serious time crunch right now. I have clients whose AV licenses are expiring by the end of the month, and no time to properly evaluate it.

If it works out of the gate that is fine, but you need to understand, that I have been in IT a long time and switching vendors for AV is pretty serious for me.

I don't think in all my years in IT I have strayed away from my AV vendor at all, i trust their services, and products. so switching on a weeks or two time frame is not going to work for me, and I would like to seriously evaluate and take advantage of the discounts that are supposed to be available.

I feel like Kaseya is trying to pressure it's MSP's who want the discount to upgrade and buy with limited time to evaluate the product so that they may take advantage of the discount that kaseya is going to offer, and for me that is a BAD business practice, and only adds to my complete, and total frustration with Kaseya since I signed up for the product.

The support I have received after purchasing the product is lackluster at best, I am starting to seriously distrust Kaseya, in everything that they do, you saying you feel my pain is not even close, I have had numerous problems with Kaseya since I purchased the product. the sales person I bought the product from is no longer with the company, the new sales staff I have is not even comparable to the relationship I built with kaseya. so feel my pain, there are many things I am really not liking about Kaseya, and the possible KES delay is only adding to my list of frustrations.

• NuMoJo,

There are somebasic answers to your predicament:

1. Run it up the flag to upper management at Kaseya. Jim Alves comes to mind.
    2. If you're still not satisfied with the response and Kaseya in general, hopefully you purchased on the MSP program and can walk away to another MSP tool without penalty.

This product is by no means perfect. And we've had our issues with support response times like everyone else here. But, the product does what we need it to do and we're willing to work with them to keep improving it. (We too are beta participants, and IMHO,KES isn't quite ready for prime time just yet.)

It sounds like you're pretty unhappy, so I hope that you're well on your way to testing N-Able, Level Platforms, Zenith, etc. so that you can make the switch as seemlessly as possible.

Good luck!

Legacy Posted By Username: vplaza
  • Vplaza,

Here is the deal, I evaluated all of the above, took me 3 solid months of doing that, I built a relationship with someone that did not even work for the company the day after I purchased the MSP product from Kaseya.

I am in the process of re-evaluating other products, but am finding that taking care of my customers and re-evaluating leaves me absolutly no time.

Yes I am unhappy, and I am looking, I will let you all know how it turns out.

(thanks for the comment about it not being ready for Prime Time)

• No doubt, evaluating replacement products is going to be time consuming. But, I really do hope that you find the solution that works best for you. If I wasn't happy with something, I'd be looking to change as well. There's no reason to continue to use something that you're just not happy with.

As I said, I sincerely wish you luck in your search.

• Its not that I am unhappy with the product.

I built a relationship with Kaseya, with a person that no longer works for the company.

the forum software is horrendous

the sales force is arrogent and tearse

support is slow as dirt

but I like the software itself, it was one of the many reasons I chose it, the others had things I did not like.Im trying to remain positive about this, but there are many factors at play here, and the KES issue is just another layer to the whole thing.

I guess like you said, I should take the time to contact and go up the chain, but Im in the middle of re-evaluating other products, so that is not a high priority on my list, I figure it this way, the upper levels read these forums, and could contact me just from seeing these posts.

I hope I find a solution that is going to work for me as well, I like to build lasting relationships with companies, and the people I deal with, but I always keep my options open in order to ensure my customers do not suffer.

• Still no word on KES?

• NuMoJo wrote:
    Still no word on KES?

Not really. Sorry man.

• thats insane

• thats insane

• The beta is moving along. Latest build just released and we will test it out.

• Yeah, updating to it now.

I am hoping for both thumbs up.