Kaseya Community

Zenith InfoTech

• Does anyone know anything about Zenith InfoTech? what do they do?are they any good? and are they a competator to Kaseya?

Legacy Forum Name: Zenith InfoTech,
    Legacy Posted By Username: cberger
  • I evaluated them.

I found their interface to be slow.

Their agent also caused 50% cpu usage on one of the servers. If that wasn't bad enough, it never sent an alert.

I didn't spend as much time as I probably should have on it, but they were hot to get the evaluation in. But once I got it, they sort of disappeared. (In their defense, I was not as available to test as I could have been.)

Legacy Forum Name: Partner to Partner,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rvines
  • Yes, they are a competitor to Kaseya.

They will allow people to sort of do what we do without investing in any infrastructure.

They will even outsource the whole shebang.

They have a big datacenter in Pittsburgh (And one in India)

How well it actually works? That I don't know.

• FYI:

- CRN Magazine keeps a close eye on the Managed Services industry. Read this articlein this recent CRN article:

“Inexperienced tech support at Zenith drove Barry Monies crazy. The president and CEO of Computronix, Stamford, Conn., recalls constantly having to follow up to make sure the simplest tasks were completed. In one instance, Zenith struggled to perform an overnight data backup and finally ended up rebooting a customer's system as its employees walked into work. So Monies fired Zenith and moved to Kaseya.

Zenith, Warrendale, Pa., has housed most of its network operations center (NOC) in India, making it possible to deliver remote support for PCs, servers and storage devices at rock-bottom prices as low as $2.25 per PC per month, according to Zenith CEO Akash Saraf.

"But," Monies said, "there was a language problem between us and Zenith tech support, and there was little or no personalization. And in the end we spent more time checking their work than we would have had we done it ourselves." ”

Legacy Posted By Username: bellcpa
  • I use Zenith and Kaseya. They both have their strengths and weaknesses, but unlike the CRN article we have had excellent luck with them. Like any product, you need to take the time to find out how they work so you can use them effectively, so most people I know that have had bad experiences take a "set it and forget it" approach.

We do not use their US-based service desk but do use their India-NOC as a back end and extra set of eyes on our key equipment. They have never rebooted or adversely affected a client and we have had indicents where they would spend 8-10 hours on the phone helping us resolve issues that even Microsoft gave up on.

I give them a "thumbs-up" but would be reluctant to have them as my only tool. I think to be successful in this industry to need to have a few tools in your bag and price accordingly (I can easily roll the $4.25/month into the pricing of my service).

The fact that everything they offer is month-to-month gives you some indication of their confidence.

Legacy Posted By Username: mogulbumm
  • What about conflicts having both Kaseya and Zenith running on a system. What is the overhead?

• We have never had a compatibility or performance issue with running both on workstations. We have just over 1000 deployments.

Kaseya appears to take about 1700 - 4000K. Zenith has several services which take up a bit more 15000-20000K combined on a server.

Altogether, you are taking up about 25Mb... or about 1/3 of what my Outlook takes up.

I like having both on there since each has its own unique advantages and, over the years, I'm sure that they will continue to piggie-back each other.

Legacy Posted By Username: mogulbumm