Kaseya Community

Anyone Using Autotask and is Re-considering Connectwise?

  • We have been using autotask for about a year. Its been a great system. Autotask has some of the best support, and the system is pretty smooth. The problem we have with autotask is its integration with Kaseya and the lack of any integration with Postini.

    Any comments/feedback from users of both systems? Anyone switch from one to the other and would like to comment?

    -Farzon


    Legacy Forum Name: Anyone Using Autotask and is Re-considering Connectwise?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • Nothing?

    How about some feedback on Connectwise? Good/bad experiences?

    -Farzon


    Legacy Forum Name: Partner to Partner,
    Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • We are using Autotask and are pretty happy. Lets get a dialog going and discuss the integration of the 2 products. It seems that Kaseya is only interested in Connectwise at this time. Perhaps we can compare notes and develop some best practices together. My email is elong@systemlinkcorp.com.

    Legacy Forum Name: Partner to Partner,
    Legacy Posted By Username: elong0003
  • It might be helpful for the dialog to take place here so others can see the information and learn from it, or add to the thread. Just a thought.

    Vince




    Legacy Forum Name: Partner to Partner,
    Legacy Posted By Username: vcaruso
  • I'm very close to making a decision between connectwise and autotask. Seems to be a big cost difference for connectwise and I know that everyone that uses is seems to like it.

    What can I use to justify the extra cost of installing and maintaining my own servers as well as almost double the monthly cost?


    Legacy Forum Name: Partner to Partner,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rvines
  • I've heard that another option may be available withing a few months that it could be worthwhile waiting for.

    Legacy Forum Name: Partner to Partner,
    Legacy Posted By Username: elong0003
  • From who?

    Legacy Forum Name: Partner to Partner,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rvines
  • Well I just went through another Demo with Autotask and it seems to do everything we need (and then some).

    I am surprised, however, that neither connectwise or autotask will allow us to reply by email to a ticket and have that reply become part of the ticket or have the reply be sent to the client. We have that functionality now. It really helps us be responsive.

    It certainly seems like Connectwise is looked upon much more favorably in the Kaseya community, but I am still trying to understand how I can justify the increased cost of both the software and the hardware/support.

    Connectwise has been talking about a SaaS Hosted version but says it won't be out for another 6 months.




    Legacy Forum Name: Partner to Partner,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rvines
  • rvines wrote:
    Well I just went through another Demo with Autotask and it seems to do everything we need (and then some).

    I am surprised, however, that neither connectwise or autotask will allow us to reply by email to a ticket and have that reply become part of the ticket or have the reply be sent to the client. We have that functionality now. It really helps us be responsive.

    It certainly seems like Connectwise is looked upon much more favorably in the Kaseya community, but I am still trying to understand how I can justify the increased cost of both the software and the hardware/support.

    Connectwise has been talking about a SaaS Hosted version but says it won't be out for another 6 months.



    We recently moved to Connectwise after 1 year of using Autotask. While Autotask is a great company and their product works well, CW is so much better.

    Everything in CW is faster. Not just because it uses a regular client software, but just everything you do.


    • Being able to see what is going on in any one client is just so much better.
    • The email handler, web portal, etc is just light years ahead of auto-tasks.
    • The sales part of the software far.... exceeds anything autotask provides.
    • And the scheduler in CW is just a dream compared to Autotask.
    To give you an example, and I hope this makes sense, when we converted all our information into CW from autotask... the enhanced ability to view what is going on with yor clients in CW showed us that we were late on many items with our clients. We had no visability on these things in Autotask. Just this has put a huge strain on our support people as they have been tasked to clear our backlog.

    Honestly, everything (except the project module)in CW is just better than Autotask. CW project module is ok, but its definatly not as good as Autotasks. The biggest hurdle with CW is that it costs WAY more.

    PS. Connectwise DOES let you reply to an email and have it automatically add it to an existing ticket. We use this everyday.

    -Farzon


    Legacy Forum Name: Partner to Partner,
    Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • Thanks for the input.

    On the email ticket issue. They are telling me that it can't do that. They say that it can update the ticket, but the client won't get a notification of the update.

    Can your techs reply to a ticket via email and have that communication go to the client?


    Legacy Forum Name: Partner to Partner,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rvines
  • rvines wrote:
    Thanks for the input.

    On the email ticket issue. They are telling me that it can't do that. They say that it can update the ticket, but the client won't get a notification of the update.

    Can your techs reply to a ticket via email and have that communication go to the client?

    Yes and no. Your tech's need to be working on tickets IN Connectwise. If they do this, you can have the detail go to the client automatically in email. This is accomplished by "Status Workflow". Basically you can have rules that automatically email when the Service Request or Ticket changes.

    -Farzon


    Legacy Forum Name: Partner to Partner,
    Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • On another note. If you get your proccess down, you really shouldn't have people doing any work unless they are putting that information into Connectwise. If you have people do it after the fact you are losing.

    Legacy Forum Name: Partner to Partner,
    Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • This is a late addition but I wanted to add that anyone not using ConnectWise needs to check it out. It's by far the best investment I've made into the company in 15 years (other than people). It's far and away better than anything else out there (andwe've over the past 6-7 years tried (purchased & actively used) a Custom app, Goldmine, Act, Outlook, Heat, TrackIT, PowerHelp (a CRM/SFA App) and we've looked at Remedy, Autotask, Tigerpaw, Salesforce and numerous others. ConnectWise blew them all away. We've been using it for just over two years now and could not be more pleased.

    Legacy Forum Name: Partner to Partner,
    Legacy Posted By Username: sputnam
  • sputnam wrote:
    This is a late addition but I wanted to add that anyone not using ConnectWise needs to check it out. It's by far the best investment I've made into the company in 15 years (other than people). It's far and away better than anything else out there (andwe've over the past 6-7 years tried (purchased & actively used) a Custom app, Goldmine, Act, Outlook, Heat, TrackIT, PowerHelp (a CRM/SFA App) and we've looked at Remedy, Autotask, Tigerpaw, Salesforce and numerous others. ConnectWise blew them all away. We've been using it for just over two years now and could not be more pleased.

    We have now been using Connectwise for just shy of 30 days. I agree with all the points above. It is by far the best of its breed (at least that I have seen).


    Legacy Forum Name: Partner to Partner,
    Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • How many techs do you have using the system?




    Legacy Forum Name: Partner to Partner,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rvines