Kaseya Community

Office Filter

• does anyone know how to create a shared view to only show workstation with Office 2000 installed?

Legacy Forum Name: Office Filter,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Mark.Knapp
  • I have a similar need to create a view of machines with a particular application (QuickBooks) installed.

I've found the option to create a view based installed applications but this actually filters on the .EXE filename rather than the product name. In this particular case, that will work but it would be useful to be able to filter on the product or manufacturer name too.

Legacy Forum Name: Software Deployment,
    Legacy Posted By Username: sequoya
  • Problem is outlook.exe will show all versions. there is a filter for version geater then or less then however i get mixed results.

• Mark, I'm just a Kaseya newbie so this advice is worth what it costs you. Big Smile

I agree that what we really need is the ability to filter based on Products or Manufacturers. However, if you manually checked some of your machines and determined what the max version number of a particular Office 2000 component is, couldn't you then create a filter on outlook.exe or winword.exe and specify a version number filter to limit your results. I guess you could still gets hits on Office 97 (hope you don't have any of that hanging around).

Tom

• I have tried creating a view using one number higher on the version of outlook2k and then using outlook.exe as the .exe. I was getting odd results from this. If you have any luck let me know. i would be intrested to hear what you come up with.

• view_dlg.JPG
    Mark, I just created a filter as follows:

[indent]
    Contains "outlook.exe"

Version string is "less than" "12"
    [/indent]We have 1 system running Office 2007 (v12.x) and all others running Office 2003 (v11.x). This filter shows me all of the Office 2003 systems. If I switch it to "greater than" then I get the Office 2007 system only.

So, this works on the version of Kaseya I'm running: 4.6.3. I've attached a snapshot of the view dialog.

• I see what you are saying.I though it implied the version number on the executable itself. good find.

• office.JPG
    I am not sure if they changed the way views are handled in 4.7 but i am unable to get the following to work. I want to show all machines that are running Office 2k or XP. Seems to be only picking up version 10 and not 9. Any suggestions?

• Remember your using a less then (&ltWink so you need to add one to the version you want to display. In this case change your 11 to a 12. It will show all versions prior to Outlook 2007.

Legacy Posted By Username: connectex
  • true, but still does not explain why 9 is not showing up.

• I created a filter matching your image. It's showing me Office 2000 and 2002 (XP). I know because I still have a few Office 2000 systems out there.

Legacy Posted By Username: connectex