Kaseya Community

Distributing files - get distributed with a size of 0KB

• We have been using distributed files to distribute 1. A URL fileto put on the all users desktop to point to our custom helpdesk url (in addition to the client menu) and 2. An icon file the url shortcut references to use our custom icon.

It used to use great. I was customizing a new client and when I distribute files I get them with a size of 0KB.

Anyone else have this problem?
    PS we went through the latest kaseya upgrade a couple of weeks ago as well. When I look in the physical shared directory, the files are correct.

Legacy Forum Name: Distributing files - get distributed with a size of 0KB,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jakel
  • We are having this exact same problem right now. The file is fine on the KServer, but when it gets to the endpoint, it is 0 bytes and useless. This used to work correctly but now it doesn't!

Thanks,

Michael

Legacy Forum Name: Software Deployment,
    Legacy Posted By Username: RCS-Michael
  • same problem here as well

Legacy Posted By Username: ictms-erik
  • Have you opened tickets with Kaseya? We have someone working with us now to correct the problem. They've applied a hotfix but it didn't seem to fix things. We're still hoping...

Michael

• I was just about to open a ticket, because it is essential for our operation. I'll open it anyway, so they know you are not alone in this.

• Kaseya has posted a hotfix to correct this problem. If your system is at hotfix level 31 or higher, then you have this fix.

Legacy Posted By Username: Mark Sutherland
  • I just tested and I still have this problem. I'm at hotfix level 66.

Michael

• Try clearing the existing setting and then re-entering it. The path in the database needs to be reset.

Legacy Posted By Username: Mark Sutherland
  • Applied all hotfixes and re-entered the distribution entries and it now works...