Kaseya Community

Installing a windows installer package (not .msi) with prompts?

• How do you install a windows installer package (with prompts). We are trying to install the Remove Hidden Data tool (rhdtool.exe) from Microsoft remotely over Kaseya but we are not having luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Legacy Forum Name: Installing a windows installer package (not .msi) with prompts?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: JFusich
  • Hi,

I don't know this specific tool and how to install it, but I can give some general tips:

Whenever writing a Kaseya script for installation or uninstallation, before even looking at Kaseya, just sit in front of a machine and do some ground work.

Kaseya scripts are essentially like working from a command line, so try to do find a way to get the product installed/uninstalled from a command line. Often there are built in command line switches which can be run.

If uninstalling check and see how the product's uninstaller works if it is in the program mwnu. Is there a certain file that is run to start the uninstall? Does it have command line options?

Check the internet. Your probably not the only person to ever try this, so do a google search on the program for an uninstall, or command line, or silent install etc. and see what you can find.

Check http://www.appdeploy.com - it has lots of useful information on installing and uninstalling all kinds of apps.

Hope this information helps.

Legacy Forum Name: Software Deployment,
    Legacy Posted By Username: raybarber
  • Thanks, that has me moving in the right direction.

Legacy Posted By Username: JFusich
  • Big Smilehappy to help!

Legacy Posted By Username: raybarber