Kaseya Community

Branding Issues

• I've setup most things on my system to do branding, but I find either that the implementation is not always as expected or Kaseya shows in some weird areathat doesn't allow full Branding.

Here are my observations. Note I have setup custom icons and immedately run the reset client branding script as part of a template.

1. When installing Kaseya agent the "blue K" still shows up until the sync happens for the first time. My opinion is that the blue K should never show up when I'm using my own icons.

2. When the client computer has a firewall installed a popup comes on asking if they want to allow "Kaseya" Most click no since they have no idea what Kaseya is, since we have branded it differently.

3. I shouldn't have to run the reset client script, this should be automatic and built within a client configuration for a full branding.

4. Powered by Kaseya and copyright Kaseya shows up on all the public pages. Neither of these should be on the public pages that any customer should see.

5. On the internal pages for Admins, only the copyright should be listed which I understand is a legal requirement. I don't need to see powered by Kaseya on the bottom of each screen. I believe anyone who has bought the branded edition can agree with me here.

Legacy Forum Name: Branding Issues,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jbland
  • Agreed,

And, in 4.6, Kaseya now has a routine running to make sure the mainfooter.html is in its original form to insure the POWERED BY line is on the pages.

Legacy Forum Name: Sales and Marketing,
    Legacy Posted By Username: shickey
  • For sure. It is a question that has to be addressed on almost every deployment. What is Kaseya? If we're stuck with the "K" logo all over the place, then Kaseya should offer a solution for co branding.

Legacy Posted By Username: myArch-man
  • I have also been asked the same thing, but, usually from the agent download page, the gethelp page, and other place via the browser page the K branding is shown. I install the agents in off hours to allow time for the script to run and clean up the agent install. But that does not fix the web page branding.

• Simple Fix. I no longer send customers to the DL.ASP, GetHELP.ASPor any other url that shows the K branding.

• Where do you send them, to a custom built page or a sharepoint type portal?

Legacy Posted By Username: myArch-man
  • I hear the the footers are being removed soon. Only the admin pages will have the POWERED BY footer. We shall see.

• Any idea on when this is going to happen? As I have difficulties excepting that this is a private branding solution yet it shows Powered by Kaseya all over that the clients can see.:X

Legacy Posted By Username: rommel_betancourt
  • I believe it will be in the next week.

• Any word on the footer issue? Either we get to brand the product or we don't, and it's a very different product depending on the answer!

Legacy Posted By Username: TimJ
  • Hello All,

I am curious as to weather this question has been answered as of yet. I have looked at other topics relating to this and have never seen a formal yes or no answer or really any real resolution to the main point of the question (which is can it we get rid of everything saying Kaseya or not).

In other forum discussions it has been said that Kaseya does not sell directly to the end user. That being the case then the copyright info is not needed, since the only people who will see the copyright information are the people who have already paid for the software.

When my company looked at managed services we wanted something that when implemented, our customers would think that we spent years developing this solution. In some cases it has made us look sort of "Hodge Podge" with respect to the fact that the agent icon will change from time to time or when deployed in a new customer some of them have the correct icon and others don't.

The other main issue is for larger customers who have in house IT staff that we assist. Once they see the powered by Kaseya anywhere they are going to check into what software this is. Once they realize that it is a server running all of the applications. Why would they pay us to maintain the solution when they can spend the money on the server and configure and run the Kaseya software themselves?Now before the Kaseya partners and moderators have a chance to jump in. One of your selling points is that a single personcan manage around 1000 machines by using Kaseya. So for some of us we are only a few nosy network administrators away from losing a lot of money.

I know the other argument is that the value is in the service (some of it is), but with the Kaseya servers the value is in the Kaseya Package (lets be honest) that’s why we bought into it in the first place. The Kaseya package does all of our work for us and we get monthly residuals.

I do have a possible solution that may help some customers. If you set a cap or minimum buy in amount like say 1000 seats then you can remove the powered by Kaseya and all other Kaseya branding from the software. The reason I chose the 1000 seat price point is that if you had 1000 seats under management and lost 200 - 500 of them that would be devastating to your business.

The real solution that would be sure make all of your current and future customers happy is to allow full branding and customization for all levels of service

When looking at "Level Platforms" and "N-Able" who have completely customizable NOC's it is hard to understand the point of the copy write statement having to be on every page.

I am not saying all of this to be antagonistic, but the point is valid and very real for some of your current customers.

KB

Legacy Posted By Username: Kcbrownlee
  • I too would like the powered by Kaseya to be gone.

FYI. Kaseya does sell direct. Its a very big business for them.

Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • Kcbrownlee wrote:
    The other main issue is for larger customers who have in house IT staff that we assist. Once they see the powered by Kaseya anywhere they are going to check into what software this is. Once they realize that it is a server running all of the applications. Why would they pay us to maintain the solution when they can spend the money on the server and configure and run the Kaseya software themselves?

I agree full branding would be nice.

You should be selling your expertise, not the tool you use to deliver it. Kaseya is just a tool or better yet a framework. Aframework in the hands of a talented and knowledgeable personcould yieldamazing results. Just because you give someone a lumber, hammer, and nails doesn't mean they can frameyou a house.Even if they brought Kaseya directly, would they know how to best configure event log monitoring, SNMP monitoring, etc. So make sure the focus is on your company and not the tools you use to provide the services.

Legacy Posted By Username: connectex
  • I agree with you to a point. The point of difference is when we are assisting the current in-house IT staff, whichare usually the larger clients. Even though we are selling our expertise, not the tool, the tool could be used and managed by most Network Administrators and that could cut deeply into our monthly revenues. We would still get the projects, but if we are going to only be used for projects the why buy into Kaseya at all. I will give you a scenario:

You have a customer with 300 machines and they pay you to assist their current in-house staff and do all of the monitoring and patch management. Lets say the charge is 60 per machine totaling 18,000 permonth (ongoing). Now if they bought the product at say 12000 and then spent 2000 on a server total cost 14,000 (one time fee). I know Kaseya will help them to configure and set it up just as they would for any customer. Even if they did not; for a 6000 savings I would pay an in-house (salaried) tech to take the Kaseya course and learn the product. Or better still I would get the current IT consultant who is using Kaseya to train my in-house tech to use the software. And just pay him 1 time for Setup and configuration. When I had a project or spacific IT need i would then call in my consultant. If I am a Kaseya Sales person this is great, but I am an IT consultant looking to get reoccurring residual revenues.

I am writing this from the stand point of just the average business owner. It usualyboils down to dollars and sense.

Legacy Posted By Username: Kcbrownlee
  • As I've mentioned on the forum several times Kaseya is a framework. It's your job to find ways to extend it and addvalue for your customers.An example, my Backup Exec script reminds the customer, in which I monitor backups for, to inserta tape and whichtape is needed for the next backup. It also tells them if they've already inserted a tape but it's the wrong one. So I'm adding value and making sure they have no excuse for missing a backup. My Trend A-V script validates from the client side that the A-V is working properly. The console could stop working and I'd know their A-V isn't working on one or more systems. Again, I'm adding value and reassurance. You need to find the same type of opportunities and make sure you highlight them as a difference inyour company's offeringsandstand out from the others.

Legacy Posted By Username: connectex