Kaseya Community

DR Pricing

• Hi

Anyone come up with any idea on pricing the DR pieces to customers yet?

Workstations = $10 a month

Servers = $30.00 a month

Any Input ???????

Legacy Forum Name: DR Pricing,
    Legacy Posted By Username: shickey
  • We settled on a DR plan for workstations at $10. We are bundling a NAS box (Cheap) for sites with 20 or more systems.

Legacy Forum Name: Sales and Marketing,
    Legacy Posted By Username: elong0003
  • what kind of NAS box are you using?

Legacy Posted By Username: seangoss
  • At the customer site (20-50 node) a generic small form factor clone with NAS Lite (www.serverelements.com).

Legacy Posted By Username: elong0003
  • Has anyone offered the DR for a server to anyone yet ? I know support has been working on fixing some bugs in the restore part.

• We have started offering DR for servers & have 1 under management with 4 to come on in the next week.

Our customers have

Some details on our DR service:

• Pricing is A$30 per month
    • We use 2 x USB portable drives (200MB) that are rotated monthly (cheap & simple)
    • Full image carried out initially then incremental each night
    • We use pre & post scripts to manage services
    • We have scripts to manage the image files at the end of the month & notify the customer to change the drives

Hope that is of some use.

Legacy Posted By Username: TechOnline
  • Well, I discovered a new client paying $149.00 a month for 1 Gig backup over the web with RBackup. No tape drive.

From what I can see, perhaps $30/month for folder level backups to an external hard drive and maybe$330.00/month for full DR all inclusive. I have not tested the pricing yet.

Any input ?

• How is it you're only providing DR for servers? When we asked Kaseya about licensing this for a portion of our total license count (i.e. servers only) they told us this was not possible and we'd need to license it for all 1000 licenses, period. They had no way to break this out separately. That being said there was no way we could EVER make money with that model. How are you doing it? Did they make a special exception for you?

Legacy Posted By Username: mierwins
  • Right now we are not offering the DR option. We are waiting for the 4.6 to arrive to see how it functions and what the pricing is going to be.

We looked at the current pricing package and just have a problem with the server/workstation ratio on the pricing at this time.

We are still trying to build our MSP core offerings and adjusting accordingly. The DR piece will just have to wait for now, at least until 4.6 arrives.

The Pricing we will offer to clients for the DR SERVER and the DR WORKSTATION are still to be worked out. The server is an easier sell than the workstations.I can see schools wanting the workstation piece, but not so much so for businesses. Perhaps a big part of that is our lack of marketing for DR at this point.

We have adjusted our monthly fees and services once so far for the regular feature offerings, andhave not fully developed anypricing structure for the DR services.

We test a few customers with the $330 a month fora complete DR package, but, they did not seem interested in it. Again, I think itmay be a lack of marketing materials on our part.