Kaseya Community

Multiple NICs in a server

• Hello,

I installed an agent last night on a server with a public and a private NIC. The LAN Scan works only on the public NIC. How do I get an LAN Scan and subsequent agent push on the private NIC?

Thank you,

Mike Sims

Legacy Forum Name: Multiple NICs in a server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: mikesims10670
  • Hi guys,

I am having the same problem with one of the servers i have. I don't know if anyone has already replied to this or if there is a solution in another post.

Could anyone help me out here?

Thanks,

Ben Edwards

Legacy Forum Name: Technical Issues,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Benji13
  • I was told to go to the LAN SCAN then set the IP range that you want to scan to the other network. I actually didn't try it yet but I'm interested in what your findings are.

Mike Sims

• That was the same impression i was under. I tried setting the LAN SCAN to the IP range but it didn't return any results...

I thought there might be a way to tell the agent that you want it to use the other NIC and not the public one.....

Legacy Posted By Username: Benji13
  • Then it looks like this is yet another problem with Kaseya - good luck getting them to address it.

• Why be so negative in this forum?

I am just a regular Kaseya reseller and Kaseya has addressed every single issue I've ever had.

My understanding is that this forum is for us to help each other. Not sure who your comments help?

Legacy Posted By Username: rvines
  • My apologies ... I've been having tons of problems with patch management that have gone unaddressed for weeks. The last I heard was that my problem was being escellated to development. Every time I open a ticket, it gets closed the next day with a prescribed response. Such responses would not happen if the person looking at the ticket would have actually read my simple three sentences. The patch problem is one example, I clearly indicated that all machines had unrestricted / unfiltered access to the Internet, and after two days of the ticket being opened, support told me to check and make sure the firewall was not restricting any workstations. My only respose was to open the ticket back up and say, "Please read my original description of the problem where I clearly indicated that the workstations had unrestricted access to the Internet" ...

Look at this thread: http://www.kaseya.com/kforum/view_topic.php?id=3035&forum_id=49

And particularly look at all of the recent patch problems being reported here: http://www.kaseya.com/kforum/view_forum.php?id=49

Have you heard any official acknowledgement from Kaseya that their new upgrade broke patches and that they are looking at the problem? So I guess I am just a little bitter - why would this second NIC issue be any different. Having a server facing the Internet on one nic and a private network on the other NIC is not an uncommon configuration, yet LAN discovery doesn't work. I did open a case on this and it was shuffled to the back burner with a "we'll get back to you on that". That particular site is not a paying client so I'm not spending any time forcing the issue. I just want patching to work so I can move on and sell contracts.

I love Kaseya - it's the best thing since sliced bread. I just want it to do what the salesmen told me it would do.

Mike

• I understand.

We took the cautious approach and still haven't installed the new patch module.

I feel your pain. For better or worse, your experience will help make it a better tool for all of us.

Rule #1. Never listen to the salesman!

Hope they get it fixed soon for ya!

Legacy Posted By Username: rvines