Kaseya Community

KES & ConnectWise Managed Service module

• We have the CW managed service module installed on the Kaseya server (uses .Net framework to provide a web service interface for CW). The web service doesn't work since I installed the KES demo.

Has anyone else run into this? I sent in tickets to Kaseya & CW; I'll update this thread when resolved.

Legacy Forum Name: KES & ConnectWise Managed Service module,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rwitt
  • Just got off the phone with CW. They updated a web.config file and everything is running now.

If you run into this, you'll just need to get in touch with CW support.

Legacy Forum Name: Technical Issues,
  • Is that on the CW Server or the Kaseya Server?

I did not notice it beeing stopped but have not checked it either.

Legacy Posted By Username: matt
  • Who did you speak with at CW?

I submitted a trouble ticket on this and they had no clue about what I was talking about?

Do you have a copy of the web.config file you could post. Maybe I can fix this myself if I can see what the changes are.

Thanks,

Legacy Posted By Username: misolutions
  • KaseyaServerWebconfigSolutions.doc
    Here's the solution according to CW.

Legacy Posted By Username: cleach2637
  • Thanks for this. I actually found that I've been having this problem since March! So it's not KES that broke it.

It does appear that KES broke the Exchange connector so now while trouble tickets are being processed from the public folder they are not going onto the service board.

• How is that possible? KES does not touch CW at all, and for that matter, Kaseya does not touch CW..

Legacy Posted By Username: howardc
  • It appears to have effected something with Message Queuing. All of the processed requests are stuck in the exchangerobotqueue.

I know I can pinpoint the time it broke to right after installing KES. Prior to installation everything worked correctly.

• What happens when you restart Exchange?

• Again...

KES installs only on the Kaseya server. KES does not push-send-interact with CW at all. The only interaction is via the emails that Kaseya sends to CW.

If CW is processing the emails but not putting them on the service boards, you have a CW problem and that problem has nothing what so ever to do with KES.

hc

• misolutions wrote:
    It appears to have effected something with Message Queuing. All of the processed requests are stuck in the exchangerobotqueue.

I know I can pinpoint the time it broke to right after installing KES. Prior to installation everything worked correctly.

DId you install Kaseya/KES on the same server as CW or Exchange is installed??

hc

• Connectwise is on its own dedicated server.

Kaseya and Exchange are on the same server. There is code on the Kaseya server that is part of the CW Exchange connector.

Restarting Exchange has no effect.

There are numerous ASP 2.0 errors in the event log every 5 minutes (when the Exchange sync runs) that began after installing KES.

Error Details from the event viewer:

Event code: 3008
    Event message: A configuration error has occurred.
    Event time: 7/1/2007 7:33:02 PM
    Event time (UTC): 7/2/2007 2:33:02 AM
    Event ID: 6fad37c280564bb49af4ce511fc1e194
    Event sequence: 44
    Event occurrence: 43
    Event detail code: 0

Application information:
    Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/Root/PsaExchangeIO-18-128278045805000000
    Trust level: Full
    Application Virtual Path: /PsaExchangeIO
    Application Path: C:\Email Connector\PsaExchangeIO\
    Machine name:SERVER

Process information:
    Process ID: 4400
    Process name: w3wp.exe
    Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Exception information:
    Exception type: ConfigurationErrorsException
    Exception message: Could not load type 'Kaseya.Web.NHibernateSessionHttpModule'. (E:\Kaseya\WebPages\web.config line 116) (E:\Kaseya\WebPages\web.config line 116)

Request information:
    Request URL: http://server/PsaExchangeIO/PsaExchangeIO.asmx
    Request path: /PsaExchangeIO/PsaExchangeIO.asmx
    User host address: 10.1.0.9
    User:
    Is authenticated: False
    Authentication Type:
    Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Thread information:
    Thread ID: 6
    Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
    Is impersonating: False
    Stack trace: at System.Web.Configuration.HttpModuleAction.get_Entry()
    at System.Web.Configuration.HttpModulesSection.CreateModules()
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.InitModules()
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.InitInternal(HttpContext context, HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers)
    at System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetNormalApplicationInstance(HttpContext context)
    at System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(HttpContext context)
    at System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr)

• Have you tried clearing the queue? I'd do that & then restart Exchange. I have seen weird configs where, even thought that doesn't fix the issue, it gets it working in the meantime.

That error points to the application pool having problems. Turn off all of the Kaseya pieces (including the Kaseya web app so that the problem app pool isn't running) and then test your CW/Exchange integration again.

I highly suggest splitting Exchange & Kaseya into 2 different boxes. I know that's expensive & a hassle, but it's worth it in the long run; if not just for avoiding an issue such as this.

• Restarted server already, the errors continue. It did clear the queue but the requests did not get posted to the service board.

As for splitting Kaseya and Exchange on 2 boxes - not going to do that at this time. I've had the 2 co-existing without any problems for 3 years now. I even figured out how to get Kaseya email alerts to function (before moving to CW) in this configuration when Kaseya tech support could not (exchange and I have a long history).

The server is due for replacement later this year, at that time I'm planing on buying 1 big box and moving everything into virtual servers using ESX. I can then use the current boxes as failover machines. From a business continuity standpoint its the only way to go.

Like I said, this was working until I installed KES. The time stamps on the error messages prove that. It's things like this which shows just how much KES is still beta and why I decided to pass on the "offer" at this time.

The thing is, I don't know if I can uninstall KES without causing even more problems.

• Hi

Part of your problem is that Kaseya clearly documented that the Kaseya software was not to be installed on the same box as Exchange.

From page 1 of the KES install checklist:

Verify Kaseya software is NOT installed on a server running Microsoft Exchange

hc