Kaseya Community

Kaseya End-Point Security (KES)

  • I'm wondering what others thought of Kaseya demo and talk about the new Kaseya End-Point Security (KES).Are you going to move to it? Of course it's directed at MSPs and seems like they've done a decent job of integration.

    However, I have several issues.

    1. I like my preferred A-V solution. I have four years using and troubleshooting it.

    2. My preferred A-V solution is not AVG. So I lose the benefits of #1.

    3. I've gotover 95% of my clientsusing my preferredA-V solution already.Why would I introduce another another A-V solution in the mix? How will this look to my clients? Why would my clients pay me toprovide an A-Vsolution? They've already paid for the onethat I recommended to them.Why would they give the A-V business to me knowning if they leave my MSP offering they've have to re-license an A-V solution.

    4. I can only offer the KES to those clients already on Kaseya, again causing my to support another A-V solution.

    So as of now, I have no intention of using KES.But I justwondered what the rest of the MSPs are thinking about it...


    Legacy Forum Name: Kaseya End-Point Security (KES),
    Legacy Posted By Username: connectex
  • Cost benefits, sales benefits....It all comes down to that does it not?

    Good day Connectex,

    I completely agree with all your concerns regarding KES.

    I look at it a little differently though. I have no loyalty to any Virus vendor at all.

    I only have total HATRED for regular consumer versions of Norton and McAfee. CRAP
    It is the first thing that gets removed... AMEN!

    I could power Hell for a year with the dislike of those two products. anyway...

    All I can say is this. I will be migrating all my clients to it as their current licenses expire. I will have to consider what I will do with the Corporate clients, but they will come over too, their stuff gets old too. I have a customer still using Norton Corporate version 7. It works, but engines change as viruses change, and Hey... I can make more money... so I got no probs with it at all.

    I do see a time, if AVG stumbles and falls, that it will not be considered a very good AV choice either. I sincerely hope that Kaseya has at least considered this in the way they wrote their engine framework. I would have. So I will not necessarily promote an inferior product, but right now... AVG is getting RAVE reviews, and is kicking everyone elses asses.

    I personally like AVG a lot. I use it myself on my personal computers at home.

    so I do agree with your thoughts, but I have no loyalty, and no problem selling them KES.

    The benefits FAR outweigh any downside.
    I can keep everyone cleaner... easier.... Hey.. I like that. and that is only the beginning.


    Gamer-X




    Legacy Forum Name: Technical Issues,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Gamer-X
  • Technically it's all there, pretty much how we want it. Well... besides agents for Exchange, Sharepoint, etc.

    Bottom line - we are waiting to see how it's licensed. Plain and simple.

    Today if we re-sell AV to a client, we make a profit day 1. We buy licenses from our vendor, put some margin on it, and sell it to the client. No wondering what is going to happen in the AV market (notice the pricing has fallen dramatically in the past couple of years?).

    Couple that, when we sell AV to a client now we don't have to worry about coupling it with our Kaseya agent. Meaning, we have all of our clients in 2-3 year contracts and there are many at the beginning and many near their end (basically all over the place).

    Basically, if we are buying AV as a MSP product I am hoping it is going to be licensed the way we sell MSP services - by the month. If it is licensed by the month then it is easy to sell KES to client's at any stage of their contract without concerns of losing.




    Legacy Forum Name: Technical Issues,
    Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • Well since I am new to the whole MSP thing, most of my clients have SAV as of right now, many I will consider upselling this to them, depending on the level I can get, I need a good anti spam solution for a client that refuses to get an exchange server a previous admin said it would be to hard to manage, so they are all on POP accounts. so depending on the levels they have available I may migrate them all to KES. like I said though, I am going to have to see the integration and the reporting, as well as evaluate who will benefit most.




    Legacy Forum Name: Technical Issues,
    Legacy Posted By Username: NuMoJo
  • yes I cannot wait to get my hands on it to see how it looks and feels on both sides.

    The potential is huge though. I say... don't give your clients a choice. Make em take it.

    As far as pricing/licensing goes, it will probably be 1 year lics with cost of "AT worst" $2.00/mo. I know this already, that is a fact... not made up. I think the cost for the BIG plan is a buck/mo.



    now, I might not buy as big of a plan as I normally would since I think there is a time limit on the lics expiring, and re upping every year, but shoot..... @$2.00/mo I will make a killin. I will just re up as necessary.


    I guess my point is that this will be an easier sell for me than Kaseya will be... in fact, it will help sell Kaseya better, faster... I guarantee I will have clients sign up just because of the Jimmy Hat I will be providing them for their pleasure.

    That would be a good slogan no.... "We got you covered like a Jimmy Hat!"
    Smile

    Gamer-X



    Legacy Forum Name: Technical Issues,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Gamer-X
  • We will probably use it. We already offer a managed AV service using AVG and a central console. so converting to an integrated KES solution is a nice option.

    My only concerns are:

    1) The pricing is not as aggressive as I had hoped. For those using other AV, it may seem cheap. But AVG has ALWAYS been cheap. And since we are an AVG reseller, we get an extra 20-30% off list price. And AVG 2-year subscription prices are REALLY cheap. I'll actually be paying more for KES even though I'll be buying a larger quantity of licenses upfront. So we're just weighing the extra benefit of the KES integration versus the extra cost.

    2) We started deploying AVG's anti-malware solution when it was released last year (it was integrated after they acquired a great product from Ewido). However, while AVG was always one of the fastest, least impact AV solutions over the years. But when they added the spyware component, low-end and mid-range workstations started really slowing down and users immediately started complaining. We downgraded everyone back to just anti-virus and users stopped complaining. So we asked Grisoft for a refund and we've been running just anti-virus since that time. We use a spybot scan for spyware protection (along with anti-spyware firewalls, etc.). To be fair, maybe they've improved performance in the past 6 months. But it is one of our concerns that we'll need to test before we commit to it because KES only offers the full anti-malware (withanti-spyware)solution, not just the anti-virus solution.


    Legacy Forum Name: Technical Issues,
    Legacy Posted By Username: kentschu
  • kentschu wrote:
    We will probably use it. We already offer a managed AV service using AVG and a central console. so converting to an integrated KES solution is a nice option.

    My only concerns are:

    1) The pricing is not as aggressive as I had hoped. For those using other AV, it may seem cheap. But AVG has ALWAYS been cheap. And since we are an AVG reseller, we get an extra 20-30% off list price. And AVG 2-year subscription prices are REALLY cheap. I'll actually be paying more for KES even though I'll be buying a larger quantity of licenses upfront. So we're just weighing the extra benefit of the KES integration versus the extra cost.

    2) We started deploying AVG's anti-malware solution when it was released last year (it was integrated after they acquired a great product from Ewido). However, while AVG was always one of the fastest, least impact AV solutions over the years. But when they added the spyware component, low-end and mid-range workstations started really slowing down and users immediately started complaining. We downgraded everyone back to just anti-virus and users stopped complaining. So we asked Grisoft for a refund and we've been running just anti-virus since that time. We use a spybot scan for spyware protection (along with anti-spyware firewalls, etc.). To be fair, maybe they've improved performance in the past 6 months. But it is one of our concerns that we'll need to test before we commit to it because KES only offers the full anti-malware (withanti-spyware)solution, not just the anti-virus solution.

    Also, aren't the renewals after 2 years only 30-40% of the cost?

    Legacy Forum Name: Technical Issues,
    Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • The renewalsaren't that cheap but they are definitely cheaper, which is part of the cost factor.

    But to be fair, AVG's console really sucks, so having a good central management console via Kaseya would be worth some cost.


    Legacy Forum Name: Technical Issues,
    Legacy Posted By Username: kentschu
  • as well as the single point integration, and the addition of the items on the executive summary.



    OK, I know it is not in General Release yet, but is there anywhere MSP's that want to evaluate the KES product can go to D/L a demo of it before it is released. there cannot be that much coding left on the product?




    Legacy Forum Name: Technical Issues,
    Legacy Posted By Username: NuMoJo
  • My rep told me today, "The eval version of KES will not be available until the product is released in a couple weeks."


    Legacy Forum Name: Technical Issues,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rwitt
  • That makes absolutely no sense, shouldn't we the MSP's be able to test it out before we have the opporunity to buy the product, I mean I want to see what this product can do, and I would like to see before it is released, I heard there is going to be a discount, but is the discount only going to be valid for a week?

    they need to give us more of a heads up on these things, and treat their customers a little better.

    I mean come on Kaseya - We buy and use your product, we are your Customers, and have made substatial investment in your company by buying licenses for your products. and if you want more business we need to come to some kind of an agreement on how it is that you want us - your customers to evaluate and use products.


    Legacy Forum Name: Technical Issues,
    Legacy Posted By Username: NuMoJo
  • NuMoJo wrote:
    That makes absolutely no sense, shouldn't we the MSP's be able to test it out before we have the opporunity to buy the product, I mean I want to see what this product can do, and I would like to see before it is released, I heard there is going to be a discount, but is the discount only going to be valid for a week?

    they need to give us more of a heads up on these things, and treat their customers a little better.

    I mean come on Kaseya - We buy and use your product, we are your Customers, and have made substatial investment in your company by buying licenses for your products. and if you want more business we need to come to some kind of an agreement on how it is that you want us - your customers to evaluate and use products.


    I believe it is slated to release by June 15th. We are in beta and I believe that this projection is possible.

    I also believe the promotion lasts until June 30th. That gives you two weeks to try it and commit to a purchase. I know that isn't too long, but I think it's doable.


    Legacy Forum Name: Technical Issues,
    Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • far182 wrote:

    I believe it is slated to release by June 15th. We are in beta and I believe that this projection is possible.

    I also believe the promotion lasts until June 30th. That gives you two weeks to try it and commit to a purchase. I know that isn't too long, but I think it's doable.


    As a Business owner, I did not evaluate a core system in 2 weeks, I took me three months to decide on Kaseya, and there were other competitors that were close.

    Kaseya asking me to decide in two weeks to commit to this is not acceptable to me at all. I mean come on, we run a business as well, we are out to make money, and if given only two weeks, I feel as if that is a strongarm tactic to getting us to purchase something sooner then we are ready to commit to the product.

    30% discount is what I have heard, and I would love to take advantage of it, but man only two weeks to decide, im a small business start up so funding is extremely limited right now, I only have a few clients. but I do see a need for this product, but would like more time to evalute a product then 2 weeks.

    Aside from the deceptive press release bundled with the 4.8 release announcement


    Legacy Forum Name: Technical Issues,
    Legacy Posted By Username: NuMoJo
  • far182 -

    Would you mind sharing your thoughts on the product? How long have you been using it?


    Legacy Forum Name: Technical Issues,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rwitt
  • rwitt wrote:
    far182 -

    Would you mind sharing your thoughts on the product? How long have you been using it?


    I hope you can understand that because of my partnership with Kaseya and being a part of beta that I have to adhereto a close-lip stance until they say otherwise.

    What I can say, is thatit's looking like a great product. The integration between AVG and Kaseya is really nice and it has a lot of value. I do believe they will be on-time for the release.

    -Farzon


    Legacy Forum Name: Technical Issues,
    Legacy Posted By Username: far182