Kaseya Community

Scripts & Download Times

• Hi,

I've been having some problems with some scripts we're writing, and I think it may have to do with download times. I have a few questions:

1-Does a script wait for the Write file to finish before continuing?
    2 - Does a script wait for a Run script to finish before continuing?
    3 - In a Execute shell//file - does the script wait for the command to be killed?

Otherwise, how can you tell that the file is actually downloaded? The only other way I can tell is to write vbs scripts that wait for the file size to be correct, before continuing.

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts & Download Times,
    Legacy Posted By Username: carlosmp
  • carlosmp wrote:
    Hi,

I've been having some problems with some scripts we're writing, and I think it may have to do with download times. I have a few questions:

1-Does a script wait for the Write file to finish before continuing?
    2 - Does a script wait for a Run script to finish before continuing?
    3 - In a Execute shell//file - does the script wait for the command to be killed?

Otherwise, how can you tell that the file is actually downloaded? The only other way I can tell is to write vbs scripts that wait for the file size to be correct, before continuing.

1. Yes, often this is used to put a executeable file or other necessary file on themanaged system. Therefore it waits until the file is completely written before continuing. It will not retransfer thefile if it already exists. However, be careful. I once tried runninga new script on 30 systems at once that had a filewrite to a server UNC.It didn't work correctly. I checked the server and EVERY system was attempting to write to the same file. Ifound an 80MB file when it should have only been 4MB. Of course, I cancelled the scriptand re-run it using only one system first and everything worked fine. Note for Kaseya: Perhaps the file written via the write file sciprt command should be opened for exclusive use.

2. Yes, it's noted just above the step when you choose the execute script command.

3. Yes, it waits until the command finishes. If the command hangs, so will the script.

Legacy Forum Name: Technical Issues,
    Legacy Posted By Username: connectex
  • I'll have to do a bit more testing then, because it doesn't appear to be working that way.

1 - If the file on the server has changed will it re-download it?

Legacy Forum Name: Technical Issues,
    Legacy Posted By Username: carlosmp