Kaseya Community

Forum issues and such

• A little PHPBB might be in due course I think...free OpenSource software...much better than whatever engine this forum sits on. My main complaint is you can't search for anything. If you do you don't get anything helpful in your results.Sad

Legacy Forum Name: Technical Issues,
    Legacy Posted By Username: nfoxqci
  • Heres the latest I got today............ from the crappy forum software........

newest error 2-13-07 10:35 am

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in /home/www/kaseya/kforum/databases/mysql.php on line 25
    Too many connections
    Unable to connect to database server

Legacy Posted By Username: Gamer-X
  • ok...... in a rare instance........ not to be seen soon......

I am retracting my statement......

Kaseya.... someone actually got on the wowBB and changed some settings..........

BRAVO.!!! it still sucks.... but the search feature is working a lot better than it used to.

Good step forward.

I actually found something I was looking for.......... " BLOW ME DOWN!"

Gamer-X

• Gamer-X wrote:
    and maybe a server to push it along a little better.... the performance it kinda poor.

its Sat. Morning... 10:00 am central time............ and the board runs horribly slow.

Smile

I've noticed that many times when I am posting it takes a good couple minutes before I can actually type anything.

Not to be a PITA but PHPBB? PHPNuke? vBulletin? Any of those make great BB's. Personally I'd never heard of WoWBB until Kaseya.

Legacy Posted By Username: extremejm
  • I got excited at first when I noticed the new Kaseya web site over the weekend.

Then I noticed that the forum was down.... and actually thought...

I wonder how many problems this is going to cause users over the weekend with DST.... " bad timing I thought"

Then I wondered if the forum software was getting upgraded too.... I got really excited....then today ho hum ..... same wowBB ... Sad

wonder if they moved it to a new server for better performance.... probably not...

Kaseya, please post to let us know if you intend on making the forum software or server any better........!!!!!

Gamer-X

• Kaseya,

Thanks for taking down the forum over DST weekend. I sure could have used it on Sunday....

Legacy Posted By Username: gcarlisle
  • What's the deal with the search? "Autotask" comes up with 0 results and "ConnectWise" gets 2. It didn't even find the big "Autotask vs ConnectWise" thread. http://kaseya.com/kforum/view_topic.php?id=1942&forum_id=19

Is there an index that needs to be updated?

Legacy Posted By Username: rwitt
  • I agree about the search, seems it is case sensative searching only titles, it's useless.

Legacy Posted By Username: twurm
  • I agree with everyone. This forum software is woeful. I would guess that not too much research was done into this product before it was implemented here.

There are oooodles of superior alternatives out there, all of them free. And with the recent forum crashes and downtime I think that it is about time that they either upgrade this product or move to a new one.

KASEYA please hear us on this !

Legacy Posted By Username: XeviouS
  • rwitt wrote:
    What's the deal with the search? "Autotask" comes up with 0 results and "ConnectWise" gets 2. It didn't even find the big "Autotask vs ConnectWise" thread. http://kaseya.com/kforum/view_topic.php?id=1942&forum_id=19

I do a search for "autotask" and get 11 results one of which is the article you have linked to. Are you in the root of the forum when you do the search?

Legacy Posted By Username: raybarber
  • I don't know. That was 2 months ago.

• Kaseya-I just wanted to bump this and express how moronic this forum software is. The default way the threads are viewed is just about the dumbest thing I have ever seen on the internet and sadly, it's on a site that should know better? Why should you know better? Well pretending that just about every new person that registers on the site doesn't comment on it (and it seems you do ignore it), you still have not been able to notice the simple fact that this may be the only forum on the web that not only does not allow us to change the view we want but, that defaults to listing newest topic first. For the love of (read-something important to you)...change the damn thread view or allow us to do it on our own! The software supports it so stop wasting my time by making me read things backwards. Or even better, change to something that sucks less but, do something and do it soon. You could convert the entire forum over to something different in a few hours so I can't imagine why changing a setting is so hard.

There are some important topics on this site. Recently some relating to KES for example. There is no reason why we (your paying customers) should have to go to the last page of a busy thread, scroll to the bottom of a page, and then read from the bottom up. If the first few replies to a topic resolves the problem, it is much harder to find it then it should be.
    Here is how it should look.
    http://www.wowbb.com/forums/forum7/8736.html

Here is a link to the WoWBB support forums in case you need some help.
    http://www.wowbb.com/forums/forum3/

Better yet, buy something different. WoWBB sort of sucks and a good, well functioning support forum is a critical part of what many if not all of us expect as part of our support. We are all in the support business. None of us want to waste time getting support. Not your time and surely not our time. Try Invision Power Board for example, you can buy it and they will help you migrate from wowbb and they will even help do all your updates for you as part of support. http://www.invisionboard.com/ There are plenty of others too.

Please just do something!

~John

Legacy Posted By Username: JohnnyHeavens
  • Here is another example, the search blows. It shouldn't matter if you are in the root of the forums or not. Search means I don't know where to find the answer. That's why we search. Most forum products will search the site by default and then let you select sections if you do know where to look. For example, it's possible that a script question is covered in the MSP section and in the more general script section. A search should result in results from all sections. It doesn't seem to do this.

raybarber wrote:
    rwitt wrote:
    What's the deal with the search? "Autotask" comes up with 0 results and "ConnectWise" gets 2. It didn't even find the big "Autotask vs ConnectWise" thread. http://kaseya.com/kforum/view_topic.php?id=1942&forum_id=19

I do a search for "autotask" and get 11 results one of which is the article you have linked to. Are you in the root of the forum when you do the search?

Legacy Posted By Username: JohnnyHeavens
  • Guys,

It is completely with your rights to complain about the forum software if it bothers you that much.

My two cents: I don't care about the forum software. It's fine. It serves the basic purpose that I need. Could it be better? Sure. But I don't want Kaseya staff spending an ounce of time fixing it when I'd rather them work on fixing the product itself - or simply paying attention and responding to the forum articles themselves. To me, that is much more important than having them change forum software.

But that's just me. Feel free to continue to discuss it.

Legacy Posted By Username: kentschu
  • kentschu-

Overall I agree with you. There are more important things for K staff to do.

The only problem I have with that is that for the price I paid for my Kaseya licenses you could hire a team of webmonkeys that could re-write a forum from scratch.

Stack the apparant lack of care about this forum on top of the shoddy KES release & I start to wonder why I paid Kaseya more this year than I will pay myself.