Kaseya Community

Forum issues and such

• Is it me, or is this forum engine.... a flaming piece of POO?

I am getting tired of clicking on links that dont work from email, and posting replies that never occur... I end up going back a step knowing that it already posted, but is not going to tell me so....

Is anyone else having frustration with this particular software package...? Does anyone know which company wrote this forum engine???

Felt like bitching a little this morning.... guess I got a little ass rash!

The forum engine irritates me so. Someone please send me some cream or maybe a good ointment, or salve.

GGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!

Gamer-X

Legacy Forum Name: Forum issues and such,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Gamer-X
  • I've had the same problems with the e-mailed limks and some post not going through. I hate retyping a large posting!!!!

Legacy Forum Name: Technical Issues,
    Legacy Posted By Username: connectex
  • These have been long standing problems with this forum. Really I see no excuse on Kaseya's part for choosing such a poor message board product.

I have all the problems list below. Also, have you noticed how the newest reply to a post is a the top of a thread and not the bottom?!? This is the ONLY message board I have ever seen do this.

Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • Having new posts at the top is highly annoying to me.

Maybe someone will tell me what I have overlooked in the prefs?

Legacy Posted By Username: rwitt
  • "Sorry, only GIF, JPG or PNG file uploads are allowed."

I want avatar choices please........ swf's for example.........

I want color control too........ Kaseya Blue is making me blue.

Gamer-X

• by the way... I know this is supposed to be a "business" kinda thing.... but man we spend SIGNIFICANT time in here................ without pay...

solving issues, making the product better... at least thats what most of us try to do...

I do not think it is too much to ask.....Forum boards are CHEAP too........

Please consider a better board Kaseya...........?

Maybe we can compile a short list of the best for them so they do not have to go dig around?

Gamer-X

• and maybe a server to push it along a little better.... the performance it kinda poor.

its Sat. Morning... 10:00 am central time............ and the board runs horribly slow.

Smile

• The speed of the forum is fine here.

• I haven't noticed speed issues, either.

• Well I'd be happy to host an alternative board on one of my websites.

Thoughts?

jas

Legacy Posted By Username: jasonjordan
  • Because Kaseya hosts the forum, it gets more users andsome Kaseya interaction. That would be completely lost if we were to start our own forum. I just want to make sure Kaseya knows we, the users, expect better.We've all invested in their product and they shouldbe interested in making sure we get maximum value. User forums are a piece of the support puzzle. I'd like to see them use some better forum software and see more interaction from Kaseya's staff.

Legacy Posted By Username: connectex
  • Then maybe a complete parallel support web site with wiki, forums, downloads and so on.

A non-official, stand-along entity managed by and run for users of Kaseya?

That way we don't have to beg for anything... we just do it ourselves.

jas

Legacy Posted By Username: jasonjordan
  • It sounds nice, but I don't have time to regulary peruse another website. I come to the K forum b/c K runs it. This board is promoted by them & new K users will naturally come here (and hopefully add to the discussion). Another board might dilute communication here... unless K abandons their board and pushes people to yours.

• Lets not get crazy. These boards are not that bad where we would abandon them (at least not me). We just need a software upgrade on them.

• Hello all,

I did not start this thread in order to "defect" from the Kaseya Forum. I do know that there are a couple of other forums around... I hear one is on Yahoo... don't know where exactly, but that is beside the point.

I started this thread to voice my irritation with the current state of the forum. I do not like some of the things it does.... " mainly software"

mentioned in this thread are email updates that take you only to a reply screen, vast reposting irritation due to server glitches, ( i have had several ), lack of speed... ( seems i'm the only one there ), and on and on.

I created this thread for us.. the users to voice our opinions, and if there was enough .... to make a positive change here.

My time is split....... as all of yours is.... I have no desire to go somewhere else.

I spend a LOT!!!!!!!! of money on Kaseya, and will spend a whole LOT more in the coming months and years.... hundread of thousands "at a theater near you..........."

I think for that kinda price the forum should be a little better than it is today.

As for the " support" guys at Kaseya being in here more......... An excellent Idea... and I second the motion. (don't hold breath) I for one would love to have more dialogue with Kaseya as a whole....especially in here.

I just want a few things to change in here. I do not want to leave it. I think this should be the number 1 place for all people using, considering using, etc... I am not going anywhere.

Bottom line for me....
    I would like better software and some more options. I would like better threading.......(more moderation by the Kaseya peeps maybe... )

Have a Happy Sunday....

Gamer-X