Kaseya Community

FTP with Norton Security

• I have encountered a machine where the customer is using Nortin Internet Security, a consumer grade product. It contains antispam, antivirus and personal firewall.

We generally remove consumer grade products from client networks, but this user wants to use this product.

Upon changing the settings to allow for Kaseya files, we encountered another situation with FTP. The Norton Security firewall keeps blocking the FTP connecton.

From what we have found, each FTP session in Kaseya in turns generates a new numberically named EXE file. With the file name changing with each FTP connection, the NortonUtil does not recognize the new file name and blocks it.

Has anyone encountered this and have a work around ?

TIA

Legacy Forum Name: FTP with Norton Security,
    Legacy Posted By Username: shickey
  • I have this problem with Norton as well and would like to hear of any workaround.

Legacy Forum Name: Technical Issues,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Alan M
  • You can use the "sc" command on XP machines for sure, not 100% on other OS's do a query first to find out the correct service name then script a sc stop "service name" and when you are done script a sc start "service name" works like a champ. I know for NAV 2006 the name is "navapsvc" and for McAfee the name is "MpfService". It is best to query to a text file and parse it that way alot of info.

Erik

Legacy Posted By Username: Techelp
  • That sounds like aworkable approach, I'll try it out. Thanks for the input Erik.

Legacy Posted By Username: Alan M