Kaseya Community

Machine Merge

• Is there something we are missing here or is this a bug? When we merge machines - Say an older machine is being replaced with a new machine - What happens to all of the tickets that are still tied to the old machine? Are they deleted ?

We replaced our CFO's machine. We have some long term Corp tasks that are tied to him so he sees the updates as work is done.

When we replaced his machine and merged the old one into the new one, ALL of those tasks are now gone. If it does not keep the tasks What does merge actually do?

Thanks Steve

Legacy Forum Name: Machine Merge,
    Legacy Posted By Username: lennons
  • Unfortunatly at this point in time, the merge function is only to keep the name, not to keep the data (hence it's being under the Rename function). All it is doing is renaming the new machine with the old name, and then deleting the old account.

I can see your issue and I have passed on this feedback to development, sorry for any inconvenicence caused, we'll try and make it clearer.

Legacy Forum Name: Technical Issues,
    Legacy Posted By Username: raybarber
  • Ray:

Then that is NOT a merge.Does it delete ALL of the existing tickets related to that machine?

If so it screws up all of our reporting of completed tickets etc...

Are the old tickets still in the DB so that there might be some way to "reassociate" them with the new machine?

steve

Legacy Posted By Username: lennons
  • As per below, it's in the "Rename" function, so what it merges is the name, thats all sorry.

All I can suggest is you contact support@kaseya.com and see if they can offer some way to get the data back.

Legacy Posted By Username: raybarber