Kaseya Community

Kaseya logon page alteration

• This question is for Kaseya mainly.

We are wanting to incorporate two factor authentication on our Kaseya Admin pages login. We have thought of a few ways to do this put the way we are leaning is a RSA style setup. However, this requires the alteration of the logon screen to include a location to enter a random number from the RSA key. My question is would you all allow this from a license standpoint? Will it effect the other functions of Kaseya? Can it be done technically? What i am meaning here is are we going to break anything by adding this extra layer of authentication?

God Bless,

Marty

Legacy Forum Name: Kaseya logon page alteration,
    Legacy Posted By Username: MissingLink
  • We already have a lot of authentication in there, so it could easily break something. There are probably several people that would benefit from this capability so we would be happy to work with you on this to integrate it into Kaseya as a fully supported feature. Please send your request and contact info into support@kaseya.com and we will hook you up with the development team.

Mark

Legacy Forum Name: Technical Issues,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Mark Sutherland
  • Done.. Smile

God Bless,

Marty

Legacy Posted By Username: MissingLink
  • Another potential that would be great is the use of one-time passwords emailed to a predetermined address for each administrator. This is a feature available on Logmein and it greatly increases security. What it does..........

One-Time password sent to preconfigured address (I use my cell phone)

password entered for access

Next time you enter the site, the entire process is repeated with a new password sent.

Obviously not something that gets thrown together in a weekend but perhaps version 5.........5.2......do I hear 6?

Legacy Posted By Username: karode
  • As Kaseya works inside of IIS, it is possible to set up RSA authentication to just work with IIS. In this way when you try to access the page on the IIS server you will be prompted to authenticate by RSA. This then means you could use RSA authentication without the need to make any changes.

There should be lots of documentation around from RSA and Microsoft on how to set that up.

Of course if it was built into Kaseya to do this, it would be even better, so don't forget to send that email! Big Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: raybarber
  • Incorporating two factor authentication into Kaseya gets my vote.

We regularly run presentations on computer security for small business people, and this includes a discussion about the use of two factor authentication with online banking.

Kaseya with two factor authentication would obviously improve security, but would be a fantastic selling point for the security of our service.

Legacy Posted By Username: TechOnline
  • Two Factor authentication Support gets my Vote!

Legacy Posted By Username: matt