Kaseya Community

Patch exe file failed to download

• What would cause the client to report "Patch exe file failed to download" in the Patch status area. I can remote in to the client and download the patch with no problem, but for some reason Kaseya's asking the client fails. Any ideas?

Legacy Forum Name: Patch exe file failed to download,
    Legacy Posted By Username: MSWEBS
  • Has no one really had this problem but me? That is amazing...:shock:

Legacy Forum Name: Technical Issues,
  • I have that problem all the time, just haven't had time to deal with it. Could it be a credential problem?

Legacy Posted By Username: David_Schrag
  • I have seen the same problem. I am not sure as to why this happens but to workaround it I have been pushing the patches from our KServer. I am going to find out and will post once I find the cause.

God Bless,

Marty

Legacy Posted By Username: MissingLink
  • I finial figured one of the problem out on a couple of clients. It turned out that the Agent was an old agent that could not pass the credentials. I upgraded it to the 4.5.0.0 client and everything then worked. However, I still have several others that are still having this problem with the 4.5.0.0 Client.

• At one client we have had both "Credential is invalid. Correct the credential, or remove it to install patches as System." and "Patch exe file failed to download." In this case we found it was due to internet restrictions at the sonicwall firewall. The firewall required a user login to access the internet and the nightly download was failing. The servers has full access to the internetso the workaround was have a local server pull all the patches and the desktops pull froma share on thelocal server.

Legacy Posted By Username: cberger
  • Patch file failed to download. Can't get around it. It is not credentials. Opened a ticket with support.

The script creates the files in the network share, curl-nossl.exe, kPmChk.exe. But then it errors out.

Legacy Posted By Username: rvines