Kaseya Community

Hold times, support phone 3 HOURS?

• This has been cleared

Legacy Forum Name: Hold times, support phone 3 HOURS?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: tcroop
  • The hold times are beyond frustrating. There are no prioritization of calls either. System down emergencies sit in the same queue as people who want to know how change their color scheme! We have been down most of the day and keep hearing the same message about how important my call is every 15 seconds.

Legacy Forum Name: Kaseya Services and Support,
    Legacy Posted By Username: bmartindcs
  • ALWAYS email support as the first step, and if it is before business hours US call the UK team directly. I have had emails marked as High Importance responded to MUCH faster than calling in. Eventually Kaseya will realize they need a more robust ACD system with all the support sites (Miami, UK, Austrailia, plus the devs on the west coast) and they will get a full blown cal center going but for now do use email as your first choice for contact if you havent already been escalated to the developers/management with direct access :>

Legacy Posted By Username: jilderton
  • The first thing I did was open a ticket via their portal. We are on day 2 of beeing down. The level of support one would expect is just not there. I leave messages and dont get call backs, hold times of HOURS on the phone. No follow up calls. Promises of having the developers call me back to look at the issue are instead replaced with an email saying "are you still down"...

The phone message always says that there is "unusually high call volume". If its always like that then how is it unusual? Hire more staff! Our business is in Kaseya's hands and system down emergencies should get swift response!

Had I known it was this bad it would have given me serious pause before switching to Kaseya. This is costing us money and damaging our reputation with our customers.

Legacy Posted By Username: bmartindcs
  • Updates on hold times?

What are people experiencing?

Legacy Posted By Username: bradley@itelework.com
  • hold time? I can't find a phone number anywhere.

Legacy Posted By Username: JointTech
  • Kaseya no longer provides in bound support via Phone. That would be why you can't find a support number.

All support cases must be raised either via the new Portal (portal.kaseya.com or via your VSA/K2 install) or an email to support@kaseya.com or the Support form on www.kaseya.com

Legacy Posted By Username: Charles.IN
  • Kaseya provides Support? I am not even getting simple questions answered.

Legacy Posted By Username: MooseSG
  • I agree that support is largely non-existent. I have had tickets in the portal since the end of last year that are still outstanding. I also agree it is a serious customer service issue, not only with us as Kaseya customers, but it is also raising eyebrows with our owners/management team that control my yearly IT budget. I think Kaseya seriously needs to examine and take corrective measures concerning this part of their business strategy sooner rather than later.

Legacy Posted By Username: CraigR
  • My experience with support is that it takes roughly three weeks to get a response to medium priority issues, when i get a response lately the answers are incomplete or not an answer to my question. I requested instructions on moving an entire K2 installation to a new server and the answer was, "click the move DB button." Then i said no you didnt read my question and a week later was directed to the K5 document, no answer no communication just a link to an outdated document. This is an expensive product and i feel they owe us some halfway decent support. If they said when i bought this product that I would spend 100k and when i need support it will take nearly a month to get help i never ever would have bought it. I love the system but feel that buyer beware is the right thing to tell a new prospect. I have been telling a friend who uses N-Able how wonderful Kaseya is but now i must tell him the bad news, that Management must not feel that support is important. Maybe if we scream loud enough other people will stop buying this product and then the pressure on their support department will decrease..... OR the company will fail and I can grin that Karma is alive and well amongst IT vendors. I have experienced this over the course of two years and i am not content to simply shrug it off any longer.

Legacy Posted By Username: MooseSG
  • Definitely agree. It's unreal how bad it is. Perhaps a maintenance fee mutiny by a few dozen clients would get their attention. I am totally petrified that we'll have an emergency issue and I'm totally on my own in terms of getting help.

I was sold on Kaseya because 'hey, we're here to help YOU and make sure your business succeeds, we're a big team, rah rah rah'. Now it's like, ok we got your money, you're locked into a support contract you can't feasibly escape from without major penalty, and you've already invested $$$$. See ya! They don't seem to be skimping on the marketing/sales side though.

I have a client who uses DoubleTake to do real-time replication between his servers. We had an issue with the mirroring not completing for a couple of days. I called their support line at 1am on a Saturday morning and had a US-based level II engineer on the phone within 2 rings who stayed on the call with me for 2 hours until the issue was resolved. The kicker? My client only spent about $5K total on this software - less than half of what I pay just in maintenance fees each year for Kaseya.

It's absurd that we can't pick up a phone and reach them in an emergency. It's even more absurd that the portal/email support is worse than my grandma calling HP desktop support for help with her mouse. Sometimes the 'help' sounds more like 'hey go try mowing the lawn and eating a sandwich and then try it again'. Sure, there are rare times where the advice is to the point and accurate, but it's almost NEVER timely.

Don't even get me started on Windows 7 support...

Legacy Posted By Username: benny@geeksaknockin.com
  • Is it just me, or has Kaseya tech support really gone downhill?

I've been using Kaseya for over 3 years - recently upgraded to K2 (or ver 6 - whatever). Since then, a couple of features are buggy and I've opened up tickets through the portal - which appears to be outsourced overseas.

Forget about calling in to speak to a live person - I always end up in their mailbox, which is FULL and can't accept more messages!

So I open tickets online though their portal (as encouraged to do) -- the responses I get and / or their troubleshooting technique leave much to be desired. More alarming to me is the extremely slow response time on issues that affect ALL my agents --- typically 12+ hours!

The response from tech support typically points me to KB article which isn't applicable to my issue - and only frustrates me further. Or better - they will remote control to one of my "named" affected systems without any warning or communication to me first -- you know, I may not want them popping in on the COO's laptop at one of my clients - at least not without a little communication to ME prior.

I digress, my question is, "Is it just me?" -- has their tech support gone off a cliff.

Click here to fill out a 3 question survey with your results - http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PCGKC3H

Legacy Posted By Username: dwmciver
  • dwmciver
    Is it just me, or has Kaseya tech support really gone downhill?

I've been using Kaseya for over 3 years - recently upgraded to K2 (or ver 6 - whatever). Since then, a couple of features are buggy and I've opened up tickets through the portal - which appears to be outsourced overseas.

Forget about calling in to speak to a live person - I always end up in their mailbox, which is FULL and can't accept more messages!

So I open tickets online though their portal (as encouraged to do) -- the responses I get and / or their troubleshooting technique leave much to be desired. More alarming to me is the extremely slow response time on issues that affect ALL my agents --- typically 12+ hours!

The response from tech support typically points me to KB article which isn't applicable to my issue - and only frustrates me further. Or better - they will remote control to one of my "named" affected systems without any warning or communication to me first -- you know, I may not want them popping in on the COO's laptop at one of my clients - at least not without a little communication to ME prior.

I digress, my question is, "Is it just me?" -- has their tech support gone off a cliff.

Click here to fill out a 3 question survey with your results - http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PCGKC3H

It's not just you. I have two tickets open for my system and have had almost no response other than pointing to a solution to a problem I am not having. After asking support to actually read my request I am told they need remote access information to our system. I'm not inclined to provide access to our company systems with out setting up a time to work with the engineer or support person. My request for them to contact me directly to gain access has gone days now unanswered.

Legacy Posted By Username: seattlecomputing
  • its not you I have had the same problem also. I filled out your Surveymonkey

Legacy Posted By Username: ITByTheSea
  • I have now waited 7 days for a response to my ticket. It was escalated immediately, but since then, nothing. I've asked for updates three times, still nothing.

Legacy Posted By Username: Lmhansen