Kaseya Community

Kaseya Knowledge Base and Online Support

• At Kaseya, we continue to strive hard to deliver world class support that provides timely responses you need to operate the Kaseya IT automation solution. We are taking every measure to constantly improve our support processes. Many recent challenges have resulted from the rapid and expanded adoption of our products across the globe. Not the least of which is the effort to expand our staff with top quality people to address the growing support requirements. We want you to know that we are also working hard to make enhancements to our support operations to more efficiently serve our customers. To that end, we are streamlining our support processes, introducing new policies and providing a self service support option. Your cooperation and assistance is essential to our efforts.

In accordance with our commitment to provide accurate and timely responses to customer support queries, Kaseya Support is pleased to announce the availability of The Kaseya Knowledgebase. The Knowledgebase has been built to give our customers immediate access to a wealth of articles and information on previously answered technical queries along with related documents and troubleshooting tips.

By using this self service Knowledgebase, you are able to gain faster access to relevant information, without the delays sometimes associated with raising a support ticket. As is true with many Knowledgebase solutions, the more it is used, the more capable it becomes in narrowing the search to relevant articles that match your search query, saving you even more research time. Additionally, we are committed to further expanding the knowledge article base (which currently stands at over 450 articles) with information that we discover in our day-to-day support activities. We encourage you to give our new Knowledgebase solution a try. It is currently available under the Support option on the Kaseya website: http://www.kaseya.com/support/index.php.

The addition of the Knowledgebase is just one example of these changes. Responding to Support Requests raised online will now be our top priority (Online Support Form). Should the information you require not be available through the Knowledgebase, this is the next step in our support process. We are confident that you will experience more timely responses to the tickets you submit as we are making online support the top priority of our support staff across the globe. In order to respond expeditiously, we will be looking for you to provide us with detailed information regarding your support requirements. We must reiterate the importance of receiving detailed information and will be enforcing our policies on completing the required fields within the Submit Request Form. Incomplete Requests will be rejected. The primary purpose of the Kaseya telephone support resources is outbound in nature and not intended as an alternative for submitting your support request. These personnel resources are therefore often unavailable to accept inbound calls. Telephone support staff is instructed to take only the relevant information required to process a support request.

We thank you for your continued patience. We strongly encourage you to take advantage of our new Knowledgebase solution. As always, we are interested in your feedback on how we can continue to improve the various ways that we provide you with support.

Thanks and Best Regards from your friends at Kaseya.

Legacy Forum Name: Kaseya Knowledge Base and Online Support,
    Legacy Posted By Username: kaseya
  • Kaseya should have 24 hr. phone support. Bottom line.

Legacy Forum Name: Kaseya Services and Support,
    Legacy Posted By Username: theodis
  • I agree with theodis. That and they should think about doubling their support staff also so you don't have to wait 3 days to hear back thorugh email or wait 2 hours on the phone for live support.

It's just good business that should start being practiced at Kaseya.

Legacy Posted By Username: jhorner
  • Funny Theodis... what would you say to your clients if they told you that you should have 24 hour ph support? I certain you'd offer it, but then you'd respond with how much additional it would cost to have it. And if you truely offer it now, that's because you've recovered the expense of running it.

I agree with Jhorner about the wait being too long. Also, doesn't Kaseya offer eMpower program (24x7 outsourcing of our IT tasking?). Perhaps this is where the support engineers are spending their time.

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • If the average Kaseya customer is spending 40k-60k, I think they could find it in their hearts to provide a little more support.

I might point out this article on Kaseya's web site:

http://www.kaseya.com/company/pr-2007-results.php

Headline - Kaseya Revenue Doubles in 2007 - Up 215%

I have been very lucky so far with their support. I've had two issues this week dealing with audit tab 500.100 timeout errors, and a BUDR CD Recovery issue and received responses within 15 hours. That's not bad really, and I applaud the quality of the support, but it seems others are having a much worse time with it.

Legacy Posted By Username: jbellflowers
  • boudj,

you mean to tell me if one of your clients had an emergency with a server and needed your support immediately do you think they'd care if they had to incur additional cost?

Kaseya is critical to our business. If my server crashes, I call Dell. If I have a problem with Windows server, I call Microsoft. Either way the support technician will help me until the problem is solved.

But I respect Kaseya admitting their support is lacking but what I dont respect is how patient do they want me to be? They sure do a good job of collecting money when the bill is due.

Legacy Posted By Username: theodis
  • Kaseya, you should include the link to this knowledge base at the top of the forum software ... where you are also advertising Kaseya Connect. The link should be there 24/7 forEVER!!!

DUH!

Legacy Posted By Username: gamer-x
  • I've called kaseya support twice. Both times I gave up after waiting ~2hrs. Eventually while sitting on hold I resolved the problem myself. What a waste of money that was....why not have a toll free number? It might be a good place to start.

Legacy Posted By Username: pbrophy
  • pbrophy
    ...why not have a toll free number? It might be a good place to start.

That's a great idea! We probably spent more on long distance charges during the 2008 upgrade than in the previous year before that Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: arobar
  • The original spank was made back in February. Is there an official response somewhere?

Legacy Posted By Username: j.lee@carceron.net
  • theodis
    boudj,

you mean to tell me if one of your clients had an emergency with a server and needed your support immediately do you think they'd care if they had to incur additional cost?

Kaseya is critical to our business. If my server crashes, I call Dell. If I have a problem with Windows server, I call Microsoft. Either way the support technician will help me until the problem is solved.

But I respect Kaseya admitting their support is lacking but what I dont respect is how patient do they want me to be? They sure do a good job of collecting money when the bill is due.

Reactively, a client will pay about anything to get back up and running. I DO believe that Kaseya needs to offer critical priority support (immediate) & after hours support. With regards to crtical support, I believe because of what we paid them for the product ($$$) that we should get so many incidents a year included with our maint. As far as after hours support, I believe we should be given the option to purchase it as an add-on to our maint, so K can project revenues from this and man the after hours desk appropriately (proactive thinking). Or possible given the option to call a # where we are billed for assistance (reactive thinking).

• pbrophy
    I've called kaseya support twice. Both times I gave up after waiting ~2hrs. Eventually while sitting on hold I resolved the problem myself. What a waste of money that was....why not have a toll free number? It might be a good place to start.

Issues with AD

Legacy Posted By Username: murali.rangineni
  • The maintenance fee we pay should cover Kaseya maintaining our server. It's simple and no argument should be made against it. Kaseya should be our MSP.

Legacy Posted By Username: j.lee@carceron.net
  • Kaseya, where's the manual.

Legacy Posted By Username: kuser
  • j.lee@carceron.net
    The maintenance fee we pay should cover Kaseya maintaining our server. It's simple and no argument should be made against it. Kaseya should be our MSP.

I agree with you on this... however, do you only have one price for 24/7 support? Or is your support somewhere around 5/40 with additional fee for after hours support. That is why I have no issue with paying for emergency after hour support from Kaseya (wishfully thinking that this should beoffered).