Kaseya Community

Run shell commands

• Yes, telnet would be nice!

Legacy Forum Name: Virtual Systems Administrator Core Functionality,
    Legacy Posted By Username: caskrist
  • Can we please get some feedback from kaseya with regard to turning on 'remote control' for an encrypted kaseya channel of 'telnet'...

As stated in this Thread, this is a well requested feature and would be extermely useful.
    -
    I see it being very similar to the curren 'VNC' implimentation.

1. If windows telnet is not installed, install it.. (or some other non-proprietary version of telnet)
    2. Create loopback into secure tunnel
    3. Use application X (I recommend TuTTY/PuTTY) to connect to the session, or maybe even execute a shell command locally for "telnet://localhostStick out tongueort", that way people can choose their own telnet client....
    -

If this is not possible for kaseya to impliment, would it be possible to get some sort of API showing how to create a secure loopback connection within the agent??

Cheers,

Legacy Posted By Username: sam.taylor
  • Has not been much chatter on this option lately. I cant think of anything more valuable... We use psexec \\remotemachine cmd every day, but you have to get on network with the client by remoting into another machine first... would be a great way to offer allot of support without displacing the user.

Legacy Posted By Username: kfeathers
  • Completely agree - PSexec from VSA would be great - save connecting to remote server to then run psexec....

Legacy Posted By Username: jamesdwy
  • I agree... this would be an excellent tool (that N-able is already using!) for K to add.

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • I agree. It would be awesome to get into the CLI or web interface of switches, routers, printers and firewalls too.

Legacy Posted By Username: myArch-man
  • How about using the "cmd /C" command and normal Kaseya scripting...

Legacy Posted By Username: lowray1975
  • Josh,

The point behind this is to -not- have to do x thousand different 1 off scripts for things that you may or may not ever do again on that machine.

Legacy Posted By Username: Charles.IN
  • Also, being able to have a command shell for a remote machine allows you to run several commands against it (dynamically) to troubleshoot issues. Trying to do that with scripts will take 10 times as long!

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • Good point and I COMPLETELY agree!

Legacy Posted By Username: lowray1975
  • I have thought about a solution to this problem for a while now, and I have recently changed companies and have this requirement once more.

Proposed Solution:
    1. Install some type of SSH server on the Kaseya Server and start to listen.
    2. Use PuTTY to create a REVERSE tunnel from the Agent Machine to the SSH server.
    3. Connect Directly to the Specific port returned?

This is VERY a simplistic view of what will actually be required, however it would make it possible.

Also this may be possible to extend by adding a script that is run on the local administrating machine that creates an SSL tunnell to the Kaseya Server??

Cheers

Sam

Legacy Posted By Username: sam.taylor