Kaseya Community

Kaseya ticketing to Connectwise

• If you have someone on staff, or willing to spend the time working with it, Email2DB is indispensable when you want to automate handling of emails and with the possiblity of taking "action" based on the content of those emails.

For example, we have Email2DB configured to parse backup jobs in this manner:

1. Success - Reports are stripped from the email and stored in a specific client folder on a network share. Email2DB executes a script that we programmed that takes advantage of Connectwise API to enter a completed ticket in Connectwise with relevant information. A Connectwise workflow is applied after 24 hours closing the ticket.

2. Failure - Reports are stripped from the email and stored in a specific client folder on a network share. Email2DB executes a script that we programmed that takes advantage of Connectwise API to enter a "Failed Backup" ticket into Connectwise for our staff to review and take action.

3. Warning - Same as #2 except "Backup Warning" replaces "Failed Backup"

4. Certain other "noisey" backup emails are parsed by Email2DB and subsequently dropped because we don't need the extra "noise".

Essentially anything that can submit alerts or information via email that you deem necessary can be processed in any manner you choose by using Email2DB. We've got ours cross referencing both Connectwise and Kaseya Databases in verifying the correct machine or device is associate with the correct client.

Just be forewarned that to really take advantage of the capabilities, someone with programming experience will need to spend time building how you want the system to integrate with Connectwise and/or Kaseya.

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: eruberts@sjconsultant.com
  • I've seen other recommendations for that product, as well. I'm tempted.

However, it's adding yet another monitoring/management tool when I'd rather have fewer (SL4NT, PRTG, CatTools, etc.), requires significant labour to set up, and costs about $500.

Kaseya should handle email better -- I've shown how relative simple changes could help. However, like I tell my wife, "should" gets you nothing.

Mull, mull, mull...

/kenw

Legacy Posted By Username: Ken Wallewein
  • It just occurred to me that it might somehow be possible to use Kaseya's Log Monitoring to parse and act on email, if I could think of an easy way to get a specific mailbox to spit out all emails into logs readable by the parser.

Has anybody done that? It's not easy to search for, but I tried; no luck.

/kenw

Legacy Posted By Username: Ken Wallewein
  • eruberts@sjconsultant.com -- Do you have your API integration published? We've started a project for this for K2, but if you've already done it, can I just buy it from you? ;-)

Ken: I wasn't really saying you should ignore them, but I think if it's not actionable -- it's nice to have it in once place but not completely necessary (the equivalent of what you're doing now -- sending it to an e-mail folder for people to review). I would suggest that the better method is to create tickets in CW for actionable items and anything you want to store for the purpose of storing, pull into Kaseya using a different method.

Legacy Posted By Username: Intech-Jason
  • [QUOTE=Intech-Jason;61159]eruberts@sjconsultant.com -- Do you have your API integration published? We've started a project for this for K2, but if you've already done it, can I just buy it from you? ;-)
    [/QUOTE]

I don't have my integrations published as I just wrote what I needed using Autoit scripts converted into executables that are called by Email2DB's action. It is completely customized for our purposes and isn't coded in a modular fashion to be "installed" in another environment, but I don't mind sharing some code if it could help.Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: eruberts@sjconsultant.com
  • Ok so I did not want to make a new thread becasue this is on the first page, but the double click feature that is supposed to generate a ticket into Connect wise got messed up somewhere on the backend when we upgraded. Does anyone have a list of everything you must check before the integration should work.

We have it now where you can click the K icon and it takes you to a page where the customer can login and then you can genereate a ticket that will shoot into CW but it does not populate your machine id and such where it used to before the upgrade. Any help would be appreciated, it keeps saying "Your company is not properly setup" when they try to double click it and then they can log in after the popup box is gone but they have to keep redoing this over and over. Thank yall so much!

Legacy Posted By Username: rriess
  • jeffreymolson
    Hey there.
    Perhaps you have discovered this already, but Connectwise has an Email Connector program that will scrape a public folder and process the emails into tickets. The version on our mail server is called ExchangeRobot2007 We have it setup so that Kaseya sends our alert emails to public folders on our Exchange server after which a batch file running through scheduled tasks looks to the public folders and acts on the new messages.

Hope this helps!

We use this approach as well, works great. You also can configure a management configuration on each customer and have the agent.group map. This will let you forward a Kaseya alert/email to one address and have it not only create the ticket but also populate it with the right customer and contact info.

Legacy Posted By Username: jwhitford