Kaseya Community

Video card audit

• Hi everyone,
    I'm new to Kaseya and was wondering if i could get some help. The company I work for wants a report of the video cards on all the system, to determine what kind of hardware upgrade is needed. Is there anyway to get this information from kaseya? Thanks.

Legacy Forum Name: Video card audit,
    Legacy Posted By Username: crazyfinx
  • Go to the Reports Tab. Select inventory reports and select PCI & DISK HW then select the drop down for PCI Graphics.

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: cnwicsurrett
  • Where would the Report tab be? I have, Agent, Audit, Backup, Info Center, Remote Control and System.

• It will be located under info center in k2.

Legacy Posted By Username: cnwicsurrett
  • I ran the report and it came back with this error, "Input string was not in a correct format". Any idea what that is?

• I got it working. The error had to do with the SQL Report service on the server.

• And is there an current setting for doing this now?

• , for reporting on Video card from audit?

• Yes or from info center. So you get a nice view of which video card in installed along with the rest of the hardware information.

• No one has any idea about this?

• you could make a procedure that uses a wmic command

i.e. "wmic path win32_VideoController get name"

output examples

C:\WINDOWS\system32>wmic path win32_VideoController get name
    Name
    AMD Radeon R7 200 Series

C:\WINDOWS\system32>wmic path win32_VideoController get VideoProcessor
    VideoProcessor
    AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6658)

add example output
    [edited by: myArch-man at 11:28 AM (GMT -7) on Mar 21, 2018]
  • We have plenty of ideas about this! Big Smile

Our custom audit tool runs daily and captures nearly 200 data objects - we pull around 40 data points back into custom fields that are visible from the agent pop-up for our engineers to reference. The other values are cached on the agent and can be queried at will, or the entire cache file uploaded for manual review. These are snaps of the agent pop-up showing some of what's gathered from a random agent. 

We can use this information in reporting to identify outdated drivers and plan updates.

The WiFi data is also exported and uploaded monthly, including encrypted security data. This can be pushed back and restored to the same or a different workstation by procedure. We've used this to  configure a single system for a new WiFi system and then deploy it to almost 300 agents.

The Antivirus data is collected by a daily Smart Monitor that gets status from most AV products - status can be Running/Stopped/Missing and Current/Outdated/N-A. The Smart  Monitor can detect the outdated definitions condition and initiate a definition update process directly to the AV product and wait for the update before generating an outdated definitions alert, if at all. This Smart Monitor alone has cut alerts from AV definition outdated events from 35-40 per day on 1200 endpoints to 6 or less per week on 3000 endpoints.

Glenn

• myArch-man thanks for the tip. That seems like a pretty easy way to do it.

Glenn, what is that custom audit tool you are using?

• I wrote two different Audit tools as part of our solution (hence "custom").

Each day, we deploy Smart Monitors, Maintenance, and then the Audit. The procedure that runs these commands starts by clearing the audit data file. The Smart Monitors and Maintenance tools naturally collect some useful information as part of their tasks, so they write it to the Audit data file. The Audit tool then runs and collects somewhere between 180 and 200 additional data points. The audit tool is then run in "report" mode, a specific value is requested from a file or registry location and returned where it is placed into a custom field. This process is easily customized by updating the procedure and one config file. I can also call the audit tool from other procedures to collect specific data points not uploaded each day for use within the procedure.

The second audit tool is really a collection of applets - each invoked by a procedure. These run once a month to collect information that doesn't often change. Several of these audits create data files that can recreate endpoint configurations, such as WiFi, printers, and scheduled tasks.

The audit tools are part of our Core Automation Suite - see www.mspbuilder.com for more info.

Glenn