Kaseya Community

Backup Exec Alerts

• I WOULD!!!!!

How do I seperate the events?

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jm-ctaccess
  • Still no notifications....

Any Help would be appreciated.....

Powers that be are Breathing Fire down my back!

• The event set may have weird characters that didn't copy over, or something similar to that. This means the events never match and therefore never alarm. How specific are your event sets? Try generalizing them a bit. Setup the description to be simply "*".

Legacy Posted By Username: arobar
  • Backup Exec All.zip
    This is the event set I used

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> 
    - <event_sets>
    - <set_elements setName="Backup Exec All" eventSetId="95959843">
      <element_data ignore="0" source="Backup Exec" category="*" eventId="34114" username="*" description="*" /> 
      <element_data ignore="0" source="Backup Exec" category="*" eventId="57753" username="*" description="*" /> 
      <element_data ignore="0" source="Backup Exec" category="*" eventId="34338" username="*" description="*" /> 
      <element_data ignore="0" source="Backup Exec" category="*" eventId="58057" username="*" description="*" /> 
      <element_data ignore="0" source="Backup Exec" category="*" eventId="33919" username="*" description="*" /> 
      <element_data ignore="0" source="Backup Exec" category="*" eventId="34112" username="*" description="*" /> 
      <element_data ignore="0" source="Backup Exec" category="*" eventId="57755" username="*" description="*" /> 
      <element_data ignore="0" source="Backup Exec" category="*" eventId="57743" username="*" description="*" /> 
      <element_data ignore="0" source="Backup Exec" category="*" eventId="34113" username="*" description="*" /> 
      <element_data ignore="0" source="Backup Exec" category="*" eventId="57745" username="*" description="*" /> 
      <element_data ignore="0" source="Backup Exec" category="*" eventId="57797" username="*" description="*" /> 
      <element_data ignore="0" source="Backup Exec" category="*" eventId="58061" username="*" description="*" /> 
      <element_data ignore="1" source="Backup Exec" category="*" eventId="58064" username="*" description="*" /> 
      <element_data ignore="0" source="Backup Exec" category="*" eventId="57476" username="*" description="*" /> 
      <element_data ignore="0" source="NTBackup" category="*" eventId="8017" username="*" description="*" /> 
      <element_data ignore="0" source="NTBackup" category="*" eventId="8019" username="*" description="*" /> 
      </set_elements>
      </event_sets>

[edited by: Brendan Cosgrove at 5:28 PM (GMT -8) on 12-20-2010] .
  • Did you check the event log on the Backup Exec computer if the Events are there? Some BE configuration does not have the "log to Event log" enabled.

In Kaseya, are there any events showing in the event log for this computer at all?

Legacy Posted By Username: Lmhansen
  • It is funny you asked that - As I was sitting here beating my head against the wall - It dawned on me to check the event log.

It is not generating any of the errors listed in the Monitor Set.

• You'll have to configure this under the 'Alerts' tab in BE. Click 'Alerts' and then 'Configure Alerts' on the left. Make sure you enable 'Log this event to the event log'

Cheers.

Legacy Posted By Username: LANWorx
  • FYI - For anyone using Backup Exec 9.1 - 9.1 does not generate all of the App Event Logs that 10-12 do.

I upgraded the client to 12 and BAM! Got all the events I wanted.

Thanks for the help all!

• I initially had this problem too when I first implement event log monitoring. The problem was that I initiall (accidentally) configured the alert to ignore additional alerts for 1 day. So when I had 3 jobs run each night, I only got the first alert.

I changed my configured (ie set to ignore additional events for 0 days) and now I see each alart, each night.

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf