Kaseya Community

Remote Control Useless / Useful

• Jamie177

Take a look at the .vbs files you posted. There seems to be some extra stuff at the beginning of the file.

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: SteveR
  • Updated the scripts. Thanks for pointing that out SteveR.

Legacy Posted By Username: jamie177
  • 2 things I've noticed with regards to the "waiting 37285926 seconds to connect"...

1. I have my workstations checking it every 3 minutes. Since the K2008 upgrade I've had my remote VNC/K-VNC sessions connect in much less time.

2. If you enable the Kaseya menu icon you can enable the "Refresh" option. This is how I got around the long wait times pre-K2008. I would start the remote session on my side, then ask the client the right-click on the Kaseya icon and choose Refresh. This initiates a full check-in on the spot.

But like I said, ever since the K2008 upgrade I haven't had the need to use the Refresh option but maybe 5% of the time.

Legacy Posted By Username: CCDave
  • I agree with using a third party remote control tool for better performance when logging into a computer remotely.

The reason some of you experience slow performance is because the connections are relayed through your Kserver. There is no "direct" connection (from client to host) like most are accustomed to.

For instance, I'm at a client site in China. They have agent installed on a server in Houston, Texas. My Kserver is also in Houston, Texas. I am trying to remote control a computer next to the workstation I'm using at the site in China. Instead of the remote control feature saying "Hey, the administrator and computer to be administered are on the same LAN. Let's just give him the IP and connect them directly."

Unfortunately, this does not happen. What happens is I tell my Kserver in Houston to connect me to the workstation next to me on the same lan in China and it proxies the connection thru the KServer in Houston.

Hope to see this feature in an update/hotfix/sevice pack to Kaseya.

Legacy Posted By Username: theodis
  • Where can I find the SafeModeBoot.vbs file that the scripts refer to? Thanks!

Legacy Posted By Username: ReedMikel
  • See my post above, they are attached there. You have to download the .txt files and save/rename them as .vbs files.

Legacy Posted By Username: jamie177
  • jamie177
    There are Kaseya Scripts that will reboot into safe mode and launch the Kagent and back again to regular mode. I can post if interested.

Please post this... i'm very interested. Thanks!

Legacy Posted By Username: itsimpel
  • Found the .vbs - thanks.

I got the Reboot to SAFE Mode script working, but the Reboot to NORMAL script fails in line 26: "Permission Denied", Code: 800A0046.

I guess while in Safe mode permissions are different. Any suggestions? TIA

• Got it working by adding Domain Users to the local Administrators group on this machine (actually just a Virtual PC 2007 "machine").

• So... the only way to get it working was to add the Domain Users to the local Administrators group? Doesn't that just shoot any sort of security/permissions on the workstation?

Legacy Posted By Username: CCDave
  • Probably Sad For years I always added Domain Users to local admin group because many applications failed to work properly with lesser privileges (e.g Quickbooks). So for me its not too bid an issue since I'm used to that anyway. But I'm sure it could be an issue for other folks. One trick would be to modify the 2 scripts to add Domain User to loacl admin group prior to rebooting into Safe mode, then remove Domain Users in the other script...