Kaseya Community

Remote Control from a Mac

• Thanks everyone. Parallels desktop seems the way to go but would require a Windows OS license - may not be worth it.

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Grant Wilson
  • how about waiting until Mar. 1st when Kaseya releases "Kaseya 2008" which supports remote connection from PC's to Mac's.

I was only joking with the guy. Hence the giant smile afterwards, didn't mean any harm, I know how Mac users get... very touchy!Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: VNET
  • It however will not work from a Mac to a PC; still requires IE for now because the remote control function is ActiveX.

Legacy Posted By Username: bob.penland@kaseya.com
  • I am still really confused as to why anyone would use a Mac to support a PC? Very strange to me. While you are trying to reinvent the wheel I have been generating income while never leaving my pajamas. Have fun Mac boys. Kaseya will have support for Macs very soon, I think your best thing to do is throw the Mac to a child in Darfur so he can play with it, you go get a PC and start generating some income.Eek

Legacy Posted By Username: VNET
  • I was thinking the same as VNET. Very funny. I understand Mac people love Macs but a low end pc can do everything you need without jumping through hoops.

Legacy Posted By Username: WayneL@P-Connect.com
  • Grant,
    There are ways to get Internet Explorer running on Mac OS X through wine and X11.

I intend to experiment this weekend to get IE running on my MacBook and if I'm successful in getting IE and VNC working with Kaseya I'll post some instructions for you.

Legacy Posted By Username: mikecosentino
  • I have IE6 running on one of my test Mac minis using X11, and have successfully logged into my Kaseya site and initiated a VNC remote control to a PC.

The Mac mini is using 10.5. I have not tested it on my 10.4 Mac mini yet.

Legacy Posted By Username: mikecosentino
  • There are some of us that have 15 years experience with Macs and none with PC's. Even so, I managed to get Kaseya mostly working within a few hours on an IBM server (w/ SBS 2003) by myself. It's a pig ugly operating system, but I'll admit it wasn't too hard. And the server was cheeeep!

I'm glad you can make money in your pyjamas, but I'd have a better chance of doing the same if I could do Remote Control on a Mac.

Of course I'd be doing it in Armani pyjamas. Mac users don't do Kmart!

regards

Adam

ps, I'm kidding. I don't wear pyjamas at all.

Legacy Posted By Username: kaos