Kaseya Community

Vulnerability Assessments

• One option is to retrieve the XML logs to the KServer and if you have PowerShell installed on the KServer, you can manipulate XML very easily with it. You could schedule a PoSH script on the KServer to process the logs once you have the script written depending on what you want it to do.

Legacy Forum Name: IT Procedures,
    Legacy Posted By Username: RCS-Michael
  • One of our web guys showed me that you only have to add this text in the XML results between line 1 and line 2.  After that it will dispaly correctly in a browser.

I wonder if that part can be scripted somehow?

Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • I got in touch with the developer. He is going to look into the issue as it used to work he mentioned.

• Kaseya could script to and from Nessus as well.

Retina is a fantastic pentest product, much better than GFI Languard, in my opinion.

Also, check out BackTrack (http://www.remote-exploit.org/backtrack.html).

Legacy Posted By Username: nevesis
  • I've used Nessus, LanGuard, and Retina extensively. I consider LanGuard a great tool for network admins but not a true vulnerability scanner. It's very easy to use and gives great results as long as you scan with Admin credentials. The reports are useful as a best practice security scorecard.

If you're doing true pen testing, you'll definitely want to use Retina. It's much better at identifying vulnerabilities and yeilds great results, even without admin credentials - which is where you would start when doing a penetration test. The reports are fairly presentable and provide great information for researching vulnerabilities.

Nessus is a good scanner for the money (free) but not as easy to use, and the reports are pretty much garbage. It may be a good option for integrating into Kaseya since it's Linux/command line based and can be easily scripted. You'll probably want to build your own reports if you're going to present the findings to your clients though.

Legacy Posted By Username: blufintuna
  • Has anyone been able to expand on some of the options with something we can integrate into Kaseya (or at least script)?