Kaseya Community

Autotask and Kaseya

• The Autotask integration has a big issue. It doesn't support sub groups (i.e. system.machinegroup.subgroup). You can only import 1 group per Autotask account. The device discovery will not let you move forward until all accounts are mapped. Since I have a few groups that do not have Autotask accounts and a few that have subgroups, we haven't been able to get past this issue. I reported the issue to Autotask but not sure if/when it will be resolved.

Legacy Forum Name: MSP General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: WayneL@P-Connect.com
  • I don't know that I would have this problem as my scenario is as follows...

Kaseya:

I have the main location and sub groups...
    Main-Compunet
    SubGrp-Compunet.Vabch
    SubGrp-Compunet.Roanoke

Autotask:

I have created a "host" location and "remote" locations...

Computer Networks, Inc - Host --- Is one account
    Computer Netowkrs, Inc - Virginia Beach --- Is one account
    Computer Networks, Inc - Roanoke --- Is one account

Do you predict that I will have the same issue you are experiencing? I don't quite understand where the fall out is with the sub group mapping...

Thanks.

Legacy Posted By Username: GrantB
  • I dont believe you would have an issue with your particular setup.

We just enabled this and it looks pretty cool. All of the pc's listed as installed products. I was under the impression that email2db did not need to be used for ticket creation but it looks as if it does.

The one issue is with the livelinks which I would like to enable. Seems that if you use the Machine Summary livelink from autotask, it sends the computer name as the variable to open in kaseya. But I think Kaseya now wants the guid? Can anyone verify this?

Legacy Posted By Username: dpope
  • I am a newbie with Kaseya. I've seen posting that Kaseya would have this connector soon, the last post I saw indicated February or March. Is there any word yet or should I buy this Email2DB?

Legacy Posted By Username: Sansman
  • The connector requires Email2DB... so I would definately purchase it. It's also useful for many other things besides Kaseya.

Legacy Posted By Username: CCDave
  • I set up email2db for processing our support@ email address and automatically creating tickets in AutoTask - works great.

Now I want to set up Kaseya to send tickets to AutoTask but am not getting far. The problem is that I can't figure out how to get Kaseya to send the email when a ticket is created. Can anyone provide some insight into how the Kaseya side is configured to send the relevant detail to my Exchange system?

All the documentation I can find talks about setting up the email2db, which I am ok with.

Thanks,

Legacy Posted By Username: djmundy
  • djmundy,

You will need Email2DB for this to work properly (last time I checked).

-Configure Kaseya's event log monitoring to send an email to your monitored email adderss ex, email2db@domain.com
    -Configure Email2db to use IMAP4 to connect to your exchange server
    -Configure Email2db to take the incomming mail form the inbox, parse the email for certain fields (ex. Machine ID= XXXX or Group ID=XXXX). Based on the information it is able to pull form the email, it composes a new EMAIL and attached an XML token (which you create based on some information that AUTOTASK provides - username/password, which queue the call will be created under, and most importantly the groupid which is matched up in Autotasks CRM section - accounts, properties, kaseya custom field needs to match your machine groups name excatally).
    -Then forwards the email it just created to autotask's special email address...

-If you find yourself needing to have evnet log entries to test the flow or process you can use the... eventcreate /? command to manually create an event log entry to test with.

Good luck - Autotask has good documentation on how to accomplish this.

Legacy Posted By Username: GrantB
  • Take a look at http://www.email2at.com. They have developed an alternative to email2db. I think the cost to get basic alerts sent to AutoTask is subsidised by AutoTask, they only charge if you want your customers to send emails and have those parsed.

Regards,
    Chris

Legacy Posted By Username: chris@networkdepot.com
  • I recall reading somewhere that it was possible to create time entries (not just tickets) through xml  e-mails. Can anyone verify this?