Kaseya Community

ANyword on KES

• Any word as yet?? Our Rep said it was meant to be this Friday US time, so yesterday our time.

Legacy Forum Name: Partner to Partner,
    Legacy Posted By Username: TECHMEDPTYLTD
  • I know they're working really hard to address the items the beta testers are submitting, but no official word yet. Hoping to get another build to test over the weekend.

Legacy Posted By Username: vplaza
  • Patience

You, I and many others are in the same boat.

I have clients ready to renew Virus Scanning and we normally do so on a 2 year basis. However,I also don't want to be dealing with issues with the product we roll out.

Until we have the product and have then done our own trial and have a price we are happy with .... then we push it out to our clients as a recommended service.

We want to do this with Antivirus, Antispyware, Antispam and backup/recovery tools.

There is lots to do for us to use this product effectively and I have faith that it is the best solution for my business.

As long as the direction of Kaseya keeps going the same way I am I'll keep using it.

I am patiently waiting for complete branding (no kaseya logos etc), improved ticketingand CRM/Billing integration, KES, knowledge base/file management integration, activesoftware monitoring, website audit trail option. Some will come soon, some later and others may never happen. Until then I'll workaround the problem and have something that works but would be better integrated.

Kaseya's mistake was to announcea delivery date that couldn't be kept. In their favour was waiting to iron out last minute bugs that obviously were not cosmetic.

Sign a couple of clients to another year of another product and sell what is sellable now. We have all had to deal with software that did not live up to the hype. If you are like me then your credibility with the client is at stake - this is more important than delivering KES too soon.

Cheers

David Simmons
    ASK Total Support Services
    Western Australia

Legacy Posted By Username: askcons
  • That is the attitude you need. Even when it is released, we are not rolling it out or even purchasing it before we spend our "free" 30 days to fully test it. Thats just just good business sense. I dont care who puts out a product, we dont recommend it to our clients unless we have tested it 100% and feel fully confident in it.

I cant wait to see the KES module either, but, I also dont want them to release a buggy software that causes me labor and lost respect from my client. So as askcons said,, Patience.

God Bless,

Marty

Legacy Posted By Username: MissingLink
  • and that mistake along with the discount deals that were supposed to be in place made it really attractive to me, I like saving money whereever and whenever I can, so part of my point was that they were releasing a product (supposed to anyway) and only giving 15 days to try it out to take advantage of the discounts.

I have signed my clients back up with my vendor of choice for Anti-Virus, and will probably test it, but now im not even sure if the integration is even worth it.

Legacy Posted By Username: NuMoJo
  • I hope this helps, I believe KES will release today/tomorrow.

Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • My Kaseya software vendor just told me he spoke to Maxin Kaseya Sales who said this would cost me $60 per seat and would need to be renewed yearly.

$60 per seat yearly for AVG? They are absolutely out of their minds.

What a disappointment.

Legacy Posted By Username: Alan M
  • $60 per seat does seem a little steep for this, I just got it downloaded and am in the process of testing it now.

But i don't think that is the pricing for it.

It should be much lower then 60.00 per seat

Legacy Posted By Username: NuMoJo
  • Alan M wrote:
    My Kaseya software vendor just told me he spoke to Maxin Kaseya Sales who said this would cost me $60 per seat and would need to be renewed yearly.

$60 per seat yearly for AVG? They are absolutely out of their minds.

What a disappointment.

I would definitely check with your Kaseya rep. It is MUCH lower than $60 per set per year.

• The MSP licensing seems to start at $24 per seat/year, while the Enterprise licensing is $60 seat/year.

Because I did not need 100 clients initially, I purchased my Kaseya seats under the Enterprise license plan, not understanding that I would be getting ganked at every turn down the road. Furthermore, no matter what the circumstance, $60 seat/year for KES? I want some of what those guys are smoking.

P/S I am infuriated that even my sales rep is suggesting I look at software like Zenith SAAZ as an alternative to the Kaseya. Maybe it's time I accept the reality that Kaseya does not want my business.

• Alan M wrote:
    The MSP licensing seems to start at $24 per seat/year, while the Enterprise licensing is $60 seat/year.

Because I did not need 100 clients initially, I purchased my Kaseya seats under the Enterprise license plan, not understanding that I would be getting ganked at every turn down the road. Furthermore, no matter what the circumstance, $60 seat/year for KES? I want some of what those guys are smoking.

P/S I am infuriated that even my sales rep is suggesting I look at software like Zenith SAAZ as an alternative to the Kaseya. Maybe it's time I accept the reality that Kaseya does not want my business.

I feel for you. Question though, I am a little confused. I have seen the pricing and it starts at $24/year. How is $60/year in the picture?

• Alan M wrote:

Ouch! That suggestion was from an employee?

And, unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the Enterprise pricing, so I can't be much help there.

• $60 year entered the picture when Max Pruger from Kaseya sales quoted this to my sales rep as the cost under the Enterprise licensing plan.

$60/yr is more than any other solution on the market, and frankly I'm stunned not only by the cost, but by the cost difference under their licensing. If I had ANY idea that Kaseya would treat me this way down the road I would have run screaming to another vendor.

vplaza-that suggestion was from my 3rp party sales rep who worked for Kaesya during my initial purchase, but who has now moved on to greener pastures.I still purchase my software through him however.

• Alan M wrote:
    vplaza-that suggestion was from my 3rp party sales rep who worked for Kaesya during my initial purchase, but who has now moved on to greener pastures.I still purchase my software through him however.

I see. I obviously don't know him or your relationship with him, but I would strongly suggest talking to a Kaseya rep as something like this should be taken from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

• vplaza wrote:
    Alan M wrote:

I see. I obviously don't know him or your relationship with him, but I would strongly suggest talking to a Kaseya rep as something like this should be taken from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

Good advice.