Does the client work over the internet. Meaning if your at home/customer site with an Internet Connection can you use the client which is connected to the CW server at a Colo.
We've begun the implementation of Connectwise and I am a little underwhelmed.
I know that a lot of you are quite impressed. Let me tell you what issues I am having and maybe one of you can comment.
1. The email connector runs at most every 5 minutes. This means that there can be a 10 minute delay between submission of a ticket and a response. If anyone is forwarding Kaseya alerts to connectwise, this doesn't seem ideal. Our current ticketing system is almost immediate from alert to email.
2. While Connectwise is an IT company, you certainly couldn't tell by what they deliver as a product. The product is almost a clean slate and everything needs to be configured.
3. The Marketing manager will not allow you to send an email with an attachment.
4. When a customer views a ticket on the portal, it attaches the original request (along with any attachments) as a .eml file which opens Outlook Express (and the associated dialog) in order to view. This will be very confusing to many of our clients who can barely open an email in outlook.
5. The ticketing updates do not appear to be time-stamped in the portal.
I'm beginning to think thatwe made a mistake.