Kaseya Community

Anyone Using Autotask and is Re-considering Connectwise?

• We have 20 employees, 11 of them techs using the system. However, I've talked to companies as large as 100 total employees and as small a 1 (sole proprieters) using it and all have agreed that it is awesome. I can't imagine buying it if it were just me but I applaud those who have, it's a great investment in getting it right from the start. Personally, I'd probably wait until I had at least 5 total employees.

Legacy Forum Name: Partner to Partner,
    Legacy Posted By Username: sputnam
  • What can you do in Connectwise that you can't do in Autotask?

Legacy Posted By Username: rvines
  • We have been on Autotask since the beginning of the year and so far, we're pleased. Autotask isn't perfect by any stretch of the word, but it is so much more functionality than we really need at this point.

We chose Autotask over CW primarily because CW did not fit our business model and it would have been terribly difficult to get it to work in how we do business.

Like other Autotask users, our biggest gripe is the fact that the integration between Kaseya and Autotask is non-existent. Autotask will list Kaseya as an "integration ready" partner on their website, yet no one there has any idea about how that is done. And Kaseya only has tight integration with CW because CW decided to make the integration themselves because they were using both products internally.

My wish is that I can get tickets entered into Kaseya through the client access portal (when they double-click on the Kaseya icon on the system tray) and send them to Autotask to eliminate the need to double-enter tickets.

Someone had suggested making the double-clicking of the icon go to Autotask's own client access portal, but that means someone has to manage client user names and passwords on the Autotask side, which doesn't need to be done on the Kaseya side.

Compromises, I suppose. But something that doesn't appear to be too difficult to do. If, for example, we had the ability to edit the canned email that is sent out by Kaseya whan a ticket is entered so that we can put in the values needed by Autotask's email reader, we could use that. But as it stands, that email is not editable. Shame.

Legacy Posted By Username: vplaza
  • You have to double entry every ticket? That doesn't sound like much fun. What about Connectwise didn't fit your business model?

Thanks,

Rick

• We are a franchisor of IT Services businesses. Autotask allows us to easily provide our franchisees the tools they need to manage their CRM, technicians, timesheets, etc.

CW would have worked, if we were providers of IT Services ourselves, or if each of our franchisees went out and bought their own installations of CW.

CW had no configuration where we would host CW (like we do Kaseya) and partition the system so that franchisees could sign in and only see their business and their customers (like they do in Kaseya).

And yes, double entry is a drag. Sad

• What is the name of your company?

• TeamLogic IT

(Are we allowed to say thathere?) Smile

• I purchased connectwise in September 2006 for only 2 people to use and invested more than we should have given our size but.... worth every penny

I looked at many different products on the market and yes - connectwise costs more. I will however say, that all the features really help and we now have 8 licenses and an agressive expansion plan.

Connectwise & Kaseya - it just works.... Not been able to do something by using these 2 products

/ Craig Hillyard
    Chief Operating Officer
    Network Data Services, Inc
    Tel: 501-791-7900 X107
    Email: chillyard@callnds.com

Legacy Posted By Username: surfninjauk