Kaseya Community

MSP Antivirus & Security Programs

• You may want to check out Symantec Corporate Edition 10.1 for Desktops and Servers or the Enterprise Edition for if your client is using the Mail Security For Exchange.

Also, just a note. We have found antivirus software out there that considers a cookie as a virus. Thus, their scan shows more "viruses" than Symantec might. However, we do not consider a "cookie" as a virus, thus a scan count may be lower than Symantec's scans. BUT, Symantec works. We have ran into virus problems from new clients who have ran other AV products. The Symantec Corporate Edition has always fixed the problem. Just an FYI from our experience.

The Antivirus market seems to slowly be bleeding over into the Antispyware market.

I am soon working with a company named Eeye on an MSP model. They are soon introducing antivirus into their security product as well in January of 2007.

Legacy Forum Name: Partner to Partner,
    Legacy Posted By Username: shickey
  • We just signed up for the McAfee Total Protection Program. McAfee will provide us with access to our Administrative console where we can see and manage all of our clients. It was not too big of a deal to sign up. The contract also gives us the option to install a local ePO server for larger clients.

Legacy Posted By Username: mgolicher
  • Has anybody got any experience in using McAfee Total Protection with Kaseya?

We are considering this and are wondering how Kaseya monitors and reports on Mcafee Total protection with it being a managed service software package and not a typical software package like symantec or trend.

Legacy Posted By Username: JTOMKINSON
  • We have been using McAfee TPFSB for over 5 years. Great product!! Except integrating it with 3rd parties like kaseya has been impossible because of a lack of an API. I recently had a stern conversation with the product manager about this and he stated that he understood and would address it. Time will tell.

I am more excited about the forthcoming integrated AV from Kaseya. From the demo i saw at the user conference it will address any integration issues McAfee has.

Will be interesting to see how it competes on price.

Legacy Posted By Username: vcrocca
  • Could you provide some more feedback on the new AV integration? I was unable to attend the conference in las vegas. What are the timescales for release?

Thanks

Legacy Posted By Username: JTOMKINSON
  • It is supposed to be part of the next release. Timeline 1 to 2 months is what we were told.

Legacy Posted By Username: vcrocca
  • Is Mcafee the product Kaseya is integrating?

Legacy Posted By Username: dan@innovationnetworks.ca