Kaseya Community

4.6.3 Documentation?

• Just curious if there are any 4.6.3 documentation available? Release notes for any changes, and or enhancements that had been done from the previous version to the new one would be most appreciated if there are available, at the training we were informed that most of new release changes would just be changes that were made due to partner requests.

Just some food for thought

Tim

Legacy Forum Name: 4.6.3 Documentation?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: T D Homa
  • I will be placing a WIKI this week to start building an online documentation site.. I recieved your PM and would love to have you help.

God Bless,

Marty

Legacy Forum Name: Documentation,
    Legacy Posted By Username: MissingLink
  • The documentation portal is just about ready to start being built..

If you wish to be a contributor to this site please send me an email..

I am looking for a *few* businesses/individuals that have learned Kaseya's system well to contribute to this. It will only be as good as the effort put into it. So please, serious email's only.. Smile

I also invite Kaseya to help us with this site as well.. If they wish they can contribute (would be great) or they can be proof readers per say to the information that is posted.

God Bless,
    Marty

• Marty, I've got some materials (although very basic), that I could contribute and I'd like to help with the project. Let me know what you need.

Legacy Posted By Username: mcmonagle
  • For documentation on the new release just go to System-->Configure and there is a button called release notes down the bottom right hand corner.

Legacy Posted By Username: raybarber
  • Ray, there is a big difference between a release note and documentation. The former tells us what features exist. The latter tells us how to use the features. That's what we really need.

Legacy Posted By Username: David_Schrag
  • T D Homa wrote:
    Just curious if there are any 4.6.3 documentation available? Release notes for any changes, and or enhancements that had been done from the previous version to the new one would be most appreciated if there are available, at the training we were informed that most of new release changes would just be changes that were made due to partner requests.

Just some food for thought

Tim

Sounds to me like Tim is asking for "Release notes for any changes, and or enhancements that had been done from the previous version to the new one"

I just didn't know if he knew if the link existed

To find out how to use the features go to http://kaseya.coursehost.com

• I agree your response was relevant to Tim's original post, but not to the subsequent discussion.

How long has this training at coursehost.com been available? This is the first I've heard of it. Did I miss an announcement somewhere? Are you planning to add a backup module?

• As a moderator, I try not to get involved in the discussions, just answer questions where I can.

The coursehost system is new, and for paid up customers only. It will be expanded in future, but it shows our intentions to make it as easy as possible for people to learn how to get the most out of the system. More will follow soon. I have not been informed of specifics.

• Ok, the TWiki is now up..

There is nothing on it at the moment. I still need some more people to help with this.

For those that have stepped up already,, thank you..

If you are interested is helping to develop this into a useful resource for all Kaseya users, please email me at registration@missinglinklex.com . I need people who will be dedicated to making this a quality site with useful information, documentation, best practies, and field-notes for the kaseya product.

The site is http://kwiki.missinglinklex.com/twiki/bin/view

I will be making an alias soon so you don't have to type in the entire path but just hadn't got around to it yet.

At this time there is zero content.. Once a few more people sign up to help we will be deciding on structure and then assigning sections to write..

So please,, send me an email.. Smile

God Bless,
    Marty

• Hi, Marty. Earlier you said "I am looking for a *few* businesses/individuals that have learned Kaseya's system well to contribute to this." I may have written one of the 20+ posts seeking documentation and best practices, but I certainly don't consider myself one of the few people who have learned Kaseya well enough to tell other people how to use it.

Just a thought off the top of my head: Maybe the wiki should start off as a sort of FAQ that does nothing other than point to the best, most informative posts on the forum as well as key areas of kaseya.com. That way, the wiki contributors wouldn't have to worry about creating new content -- they'd just have to act as travel guides.

David