Kaseya Community

SPECIAL Treatment for MSP's

• couple comments on earlier posts.

The branding link on the Kaseya page.... hmmm....interesting.
    "might as well be your own." and the word "Branding"
    that'll be gone tomorrow Smile

I wanted to point out that I purposely chose the word "agnostic".

I would be happy as hell with nothing on the bottom at all. Make it blank.
    Like those mysterious elevator permits always "on file" at the main office.

Legacy Forum Name: Sales and Marketing,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Gamer-X
  • Gamer-X - you are a trip - You sound like the kind of guy I'd like to hang out with :-D Sure would like to talk with you a bit and learn some of your "trade secrets" Wink

Sorry for being off topic, but I've been following this thread and from it all I've learned one thing - I got a lot more to learn!

Legacy Posted By Username: nachnet
  • I PM'ed you dude.

• Not to be rude but, so what. You're happy, great. You made it a point to ask about "Powered by Kaseya." Good for you. You think that XYZ meets the definition of branding....super.

When I say I don't like it, I am not looking for some customer who doesn't care to then elaborate on how great he thinks thestatus quois.

I was content to let this ride, but if it's going to become an open discussion, then I would like this pointspoken toby a representative of Kaseya.

It's really quite simple. The advertising for the product says

• Branded Solution
    It's your solution it may as well look like it.

So I feel I am obviously well within my rights of reasonable expectation to ask for the product to be branded with my company name.

Gamer-X I think you are spot on, and you may also count me in for a beer if you get close to the Big Apple.

vplaza wrote:
    Not wanting to sound like a Kaseya fanboy or anything, but when we were purchasing, we made it a point to ask if the "Powered by Kaseya" stuff was something we could remove. We knew better than to rely soley on what was printed on a brochure, or in this case, a website. There are too many things that can be loosely interpreted.

We have our logo on the Kaseya icon in the system tray. We have our logo on the client access page. I believe that that meets the definition of "branding". I can see where to some people, "branding" should mean "no trace of anyone else's brand but mine". Maybe what Kaseya has is actually "co-branding".

But, IMHO, I doubt that Kaseya purposely misled you to think that you would be able to remove all traces of Kaseya in the product. Unless you asked them and they said "sure, you can remove all traces", then that's a different story. At least, this wasn't our experience.

Did they do the "didn't ask, didn't tell" thing with you, as Gamer-X so openlysays he wants to do with his customers? I don't know, but as a customer/potential customer, we tried to ask them all the questions that were important to our business.

Just my $0.02.

Legacy Posted By Username: Alan M
  • Gamer-X wrote:
    You have to remember, small business, medium business, big business,

IT guys are looking for ways to look good in front of the boss. IF Kaseya is a way for them to keep their jobs... they will exploit it.

(sorry about coming in late) Why on earth are you talking to the IT guys? Shouldn't you be talking to the decision makers / managers / owners? If you're wanting to peer with the existing IT, then you show them how much easier their job gets, because you've done the legwork to get Kaseya to do some of the mundane tasks - something they won't get out of the box.

If you're replacing the IT department, then my "why on earth" stands Smile

Swing your sales pitch either way if you're not sure. Having hands on with the existing or IT means that they get to do the hands on gear, and you get to automate Smile

Anthony.

Legacy Posted By Username: Anthony Michaud
  • If I had a choice NOT to talk to the I.T. guys.... believe me, I would not.

Your point is noted. I do agree with what you wrote.

Gamer-X

• Alan M wrote:
    Not to be rude but, so what. You're happy, great. You made it a point to ask about "Powered by Kaseya." Good for you. You think that XYZ meets the definition of branding....super.

When I say I don't like it, I am not looking for some customer who doesn't care to then elaborate on how great he thinks thestatus quois.

I was content to let this ride, but if it's going to become an open discussion with moderators in the forum, then I would like this pointspoken toby a representative of Kaseya.

It's really quite simple. The advertising for the product says

Branded Solution It's your solution it may as well look like it.

So I feel I am obviously well within my rights of reasonable expectation to ask for the product to be branded with my company name.

Gamer-X I think you are spot on, and you may also count me in for a beer if you get close to the Big Apple.

vplaza wrote:
    Not wanting to sound like a Kaseya fanboy or anything, but when we were purchasing, we made it a point to ask if the "Powered by Kaseya" stuff was something we could remove. We knew better than to rely soley on what was printed on a brochure, or in this case, a website. There are too many things that can be loosely interpreted.

We have our logo on the Kaseya icon in the system tray. We have our logo on the client access page. I believe that that meets the definition of "branding". I can see where to some people, "branding" should mean "no trace of anyone else's brand but mine". Maybe what Kaseya has is actually "co-branding".

But, IMHO, I doubt that Kaseya purposely misled you to think that you would be able to remove all traces of Kaseya in the product. Unless you asked them and they said "sure, you can remove all traces", then that's a different story. At least, this wasn't our experience.

Did they do the "didn't ask, didn't tell" thing with you, as Gamer-X so openlysays he wants to do with his customers? I don't know, but as a customer/potential customer, we tried to ask them all the questions that were important to our business.

Just my $0.02.

Not be rude myself, but your original post did not say "customers who are happy with status quo need not respond". My apologies if I didn't infer that you meant to only illicit a response from Kaseya.

Legacy Posted By Username: vplaza
  • Didn't mean to be snippy. I just meant to say thatposting how much you don't care does not really constitute a response or solutionfor those who do care.

What would make me happiest is if Kaseya yanked their logo and "powered by" statement from any client accessible page.

I charge based on the value of my service, and I am very leary of anything that discloses my methodologies, in part or in whole, to either clients or potential competition. I market my business as a unique service, which it is, and I don'twant to create any idea in the mind of a client that I am simply a reseller of someone else's product.

Yes, I know this is not the case, but this is not something I care to open a debate about with a client. Also, someemployees are simply the recipient of my service as I negotiate directly with the owner, so they may not get the benefit of an explanation as to where kaesya ends and my business begins. All they see is "we use Kaseya at work" instead of "we use XXX business" at work. I like Kaseya, but I am more interested in promoting my business nameto my clients, not Kaseya's.

vplaza wrote:

Not be rude myself, but your original post did not say "customers who are happy with status quo need not respond". My apologies if I didn't infer that you meant to only illicit a response from Kaseya.

• Just my 2 cents.

Most of the console branding (user side pages, such as DL.ASP, etc) have been unbranded by Kaseya. The Login Screen footer POWERED BY KASEYA needs to be removed tho. But, for the most part, branding can be done to make it look like the MSP util.

However, most people are talking about the POWERED BY KASEYA on the footers. I have customers asking "What is Kaseya?" because they found the agent branded files on their machines. Since we avoid users from seeing the console as much as possible (Login Screen footer POWERED BY KASEYA needs to be removed) its the branded files on the workstations and servers that have been the give away.

How about unbranding them? The users can see the files, but don't need to see the K logo and the "Kaseya" file title.

Legacy Posted By Username: shickey
  • Just to add another $.02...

I don't feel like this is really an issue that affects my negotiations with new clients. I am more concerned with ancillary recipients of my service who don't understand where Kaseya ends and my business begins.

Word of mouth is the most powerful advertising I get, and Iwould likemy practices to promote my business name to clients, not the names of the tools I use, insofar as this is reasonably possible.

• I agree that this topic seems to be going no where.
    On one side is Kaseya, and the other is the MSP's, and within the MSP's there are differing degrees of divisions as well.

As for it being a negative topic, I could not disagree more, but hey that's what opinions are for. Smile

I think its important that people know this.... "preferrably BEFORE they buy into it". It is mis-represented... I can't think of a better word at the moment, and I wish it was gone. Smile

I am glad that you suggested a potential solution... pressure being applied to the Kaseya Sales Reps in order to influence change,...a good suggestion..... but that also denotes that change is possible in the first place, which I question!. I have been told on several occasions that the developers have no intention of removing the footer in question, or other specific branding components.

So we are still at an impasse of sorts... Gee ... go figure.

For my part....
    I have already emailed my rep this morning and informed him that I am letting the verbal can of whoop ass out on him. Smile I suggest that you all do the same and keep it up for months on end.... who knows...?

As for Kaseya losing business.... thanks for sharing the information... but you don't lose sales because of your own branding. Smile

Gamer-X

• Yes, we have lost a deal directly to Kaseya due to Kaseya being branded on the bottom of the web page. We have replaced all other icons, references, logos etc. Not only did we lose the client, we didn't even get paid from Kaseya when they signed up!

On top of that I've been working my sales rep for 5 weeks to gain compensation for two other IT companies I referred to Kaseya who purchased the product. 5 STRAIGHT WEEKS OF GETTING THE RUN AROUND.

Part of their original sales pitch over a year ago was that anyone I bought to Kaseya would result in a kick back to us. I call complete and utter BS.

I'm tired of this treatment. Kaseya had better get their head straight...and I mean TODAY. I've heard LPI has made huge improvements and possibly has an agent based archictecture released or soon to be released. MSFT is coming to the table with their own version of MSP.

Kaseya the product is good, but don't think for a minute that you don't have competition. 90%+ we use it for remote control and ticketing. There are alternatives, so don't feel it's safe to sit around and cash our checks without listening to us.

Legacy Posted By Username: nvelocity
  • This post covers the official Kaseya policy for handling channel conflict.

Kaseya's Lead Registration process is in place to guard against a situation where an end-customer of an MSP, comes directly to Kaseya with the intent to purchase licenses for internal use.

Kaseya MSP customer's can very easily register their end customer(s) with their Kaseya sales representative if they choose to protect this account. Subsequently, a record is created in our CRM system tagged to the MSP's account record. If the MSP's customer ever contacts Kaseya directly, our sales team is trained to make that determination, and will in all cases directly refer the customer back to their MSP.

Legacy Posted By Username: bill.falk@kaseya.com
  • Bill,

Thank you for the post of the official policy.

We too had been given a verbal commitment of compensation WITHOUT any limitation on the type of customer that we referred, MSP or End User.

I'd like to see the "Official Policy" expanded and public stated to include MSP who refer other MSP's to Kaseya.

I think it would help end the confusion and any hard feelings regarding the issue.

There has never been any good reasons stated for the current practice of excluding compensation for MSP's referring other MSP's.

Legacy Posted By Username: beedsley
  • Hello all,

I mean no disrespect to anyone. Why Kaseya if someone has bought a minimum purchace of 1000 seats @ above $3000 down payment and above $1000 per month @ 4 Years ($50,000 – $60,000) + continuing maintenance payments cant they have a COMPLETELY unbranded version?

You Kaseya own the source code and you have all of our company information not to mention our banking info.

You also have a commitment from us as MSP’s to stick with and use your product. (i.e it would be pure HECK (the other word) to remove 1000 plus agents and install new agents from some other provider). We also have a HUGE financial commitment with you. We have invested in equipment, training, and personnel. We are committed.

Most if not all of us are NOT interested in developing this type of software (it’s not what we do) we are Network, Hardware, and Consultant guys, not database guys. We want you (Kaseya) do develop and maintain the software while we sell it (through our own companies). We don’t mind paying for the software (we do that now).

LPI, NAble, and others have completely brand free solutions. So I am not understanding the issue Kaseya has with having a brand free solution.

If Kaseya Customers continue to lose business to Kaseya we will leave.

Weather we get the client or Kaseya gets the client, Kaseya Makes money period. If we get the client, you (Kaseya) don’t have any end user headaches and still get your check, and now we wil go out and get more sales.

If MSP’s continue to lose business they will take their clients with them and Kaseya will not make anything (this is not the desired result for anyone).

I know that you can’t make everyone happy but if you keep your current customers happy, trust me we will keep you happy.

As for the MSP’s losing business rating at the top. That is irrelevant to the people who have lost business. The Retailer should not have to compete with the Distributer/Wholesaler EVER. We simply cannot win. The branding issue is a real issue because we are indirectly marketing for you and reaping none of the benefits.[/b]

KB

Legacy Posted By Username: Kcbrownlee