Kaseya Community

Forum issues and such

• rwitt,

I completely agree. I don't think Kaseya realizes how close many of us are to considering other options. If/when a good, centralized, brandable, MSP system comes along, I think Kaseya will be unpleasantly suprised at what happens to their customer base if they don't figure it out and get back to creating/improving a kick-butt technical management system that we all love and help us make more money in our businesses. Supporting and/or listening to their customers would be a good start...

Legacy Forum Name: Technical Issues,
    Legacy Posted By Username: kentschu
  • hello....

word is a new version of the forum MAY be on the horizon. I certainly hope so.
    I will let you know....when I know it is official.

Gamer-X

Legacy Posted By Username: Gamer-X

• Almost a month from the horizon comment and it still blows. I have only been a customer since probably March or April but i absolutely despise this forum layout. I google for answers before coming here and in case anyone would wonder why it's because IT TAKES TWICE AS LONG TO TRY AND FIND WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR HERE.

Anyone else feel the pain of trying to find out what is causing disruption on almost 5000 nodes and you have to learn how to do everything in reverse in order to find anything at all?

I sure hope whoever was in charge of forum design has been let go. Seriously, you charge a premium for your product and support forums are a part of your selling. I specifically remember being told "Oh yeah we have a huge user supported forum that has great information on any issues you may encounter." Well you forgot to mention the fact it causes premature balding patterns for some of us who learned to READ DOWN since our wee years of schooling. Come on guys...... get it freaking fixed.....

Legacy Posted By Username: tsorensen
  • While I dislike it a lot, you eventually get used to it.

Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • far182 wrote:
    While I dislike it a lot, you eventually get used to it.

While very nobel, we shouldn't have to get used to it. I have only been a customer a few months myself and I too google before coming here and it pisses me off eveytime I have to do it. I want the forums fixed. It's not even a hard thing to do. It won't even take long or be hard. It's not like we'd be migrating from some custom and cutting edge product.
    Example-Buying a product: This is even a higer end product so the costs could go down from here.
    http://www.invisionboard.com
    $149.99 Sales Tax: $0.00 IP.Board: Standard License IP.Board forum community software for $149.99 including six months of ticket support and access to upgrades along with 30 days of telephone support. Renew access to ticket support and upgrades after six months for just $25.00.

$60.00 Sales Tax: $0.00 IP.Board Database Conversion Purchase service for our staff to convert your existing forum software database to IP.Board format.

You'd then need to test group permissions and make the forum uglier but that's about all. I've converted several forums from one software to another. It's not hard and the script is included with almost every software option so there is simply no good reason.

I waste more of my own time here then I feel I get out of it and it is supposed to be part of the support options I have. I suppose the alternative is we all just call support for EVERY ISSUE, EVERY TIME we have a question. It's a waste of my time then but it's a one to one waste of resources for both parties everytime it's something resolved on the forums.

Legacy Posted By Username: JohnnyHeavens
  • I have been using these forums coming up on 2 years now and I agree with far182 that you eventually get used to it. It basically does what it needs to do, BUTthe search function NEEDS to be fixed. It has never worked in the 2 years I have been using the forums..

And what is more annoying is that the very idea of a forum is to share and collaborate, but without a search feature you can't find what your looking for.. There are about 10-20 new forum questions each week that have already been answered twice but without a search feature no one can find anything..

I don't understand why they can't fix the search feature..

Legacy Posted By Username: cberger
  • Funny, my biggest complaint is the blue versus gray "K" icon by each forum for read/unread. It is just REALLY hard to see which is which because the colors are so close.

Legacy Posted By Username: warever
  • I know for a fact... at least they told me.... they hired a new guy to handle this area.

so message to you sir.... if you read posts.... You are not doing a good job so far as I can see standing from here.

I was lead to believe that you were going to migrate over to a new platform and take care of it pretty quickly.

Guess I was wrong.

I have also gotten used to it, but its true... you cannot find anything here....it is awful.

Gamer-X

• Well maybe we can convience all our clients to "get used" to it as well. So what if your raid alarm is loud sir. Just close the door and use another server just in case. You see it's not that loud if you can't hear it from where you sit...
    Perhaps we could just fit it?

Maybe if this thread and others like it were in a more public spot. I know I would have balked at things like this clearly being needed by paying customers and and yet un-answered for so long.

• We will be posting the release plan for the "new" forum within the next week. We are in the implementation and conversion process.

Legacy Posted By Username: jimalves
  • its the next week......... well its past the next week.......by a couple of weeks.
    Any update here?

Gamer-X

• So like how long does it take to get a new forum up anyway?
    Evidently it takes months....who knew?

Gamer-X

• Dear Kaseya, A while back I subscribed to this thread because I'd love to know when anything we are asking for gets fixed. Well this morning there is a post and I get an e-mail with a link to the topic. Clicking on it takes me to the last page of the thread right. That's normal...Except this piece of garbage forum lists the post I came to read on page ONE (1)! Make up your mind. Send me to the end of a thread to read the start? Go to page one to read the end? This forum is crap. Please fix it as promised.

Fellow MSPs...I wish this was a more public thread. Let's post stuff like this in the non-MSP forums and maybe they will get more attention. A thread like this would have made me think twice before buying as it was touted as part of the great Kaseya package! Just a thought.

~John

• What I mean by promised...
    jim_alves wrote:
    We will be posting the release plan for the "new" forum within the next week. We are in the implementation and conversion process.