Kaseya Community

How do I change ticket priority based upon text found in the summary?

This question is answered

I feel like I've failed to grasp the basics of Service Desk...  Just starting to use it for the first time.  I can't find this anywhere in the help files.

*If I generate a ticket that contains 'is Offline' in the summary, I want to change the priority of that ticket to 'Emergency".  

- I have already added 'Emergency' as a Priority in the Desk Definition area.

- I am using the MSP Assist desk that was created when I had MSP Assist installed.

- I tried creating procedures in the De-Dup and Mapping areas but they just prevent a ticket from being created at all.

Can someone point me in the right direction?  

Thank you!

Arthur

Verified Answer
  • Hi ApexArthur,

To add to JamesB answer...

Attached are sample sub procedure and the procedure to call that sub procedure for the Service Desk Template Incident Management.
    Service Desk > Procedure Definitions > Sub-Procedures > click on folder > New Procedure > (Save as SubPriority)

(I kept the add note on line 2 to show how I commonly debug procedures)

Service Desk > Procedure Definitions > Stage Entry or Exit > Incident > Incident enters Identified 

All Replies
  • Hi ApexArthur,

You will have to create a sub-procedure with if / else test incident property and select summary. If contains "is Offline" assign ticket property priority to Emergency.

• Hi ApexArthur,

To add to JamesB answer...

Attached are sample sub procedure and the procedure to call that sub procedure for the Service Desk Template Incident Management.
    Service Desk > Procedure Definitions > Sub-Procedures > click on folder > New Procedure > (Save as SubPriority)

(I kept the add note on line 2 to show how I commonly debug procedures)

Service Desk > Procedure Definitions > Stage Entry or Exit > Incident > Incident enters Identified 

• Thanks guys.  That seems to make sense.  Unfortunately I am unable to generate tickets at all now, even after reversing my experimental changes.  The request is being sent from Monitor, but does not appear to be processed by Service Desk.  I have a ticket open with Kaseya to fix.

I'll test out the Sub Procedure as soon as I get tickets flowing again.

• Thanks James, worked great!

Why do you have the If testIncidentProperty there?  Since you're launching the sub-procedure from the Stage entry into Incident, isn't this already guaranteed?

I know Kaseya can be quirky... so wondering if you came across issues that prompted you to add it.

Arthur