Kaseya Community

Opening tickets no longer opens a new window in 6.3?

This question is answered

We made the jump to 6.3 and now when we open tickets in Service Desk, those tickets no longer open in a separate window.  This keeps us from navigating to other Kaseya functions while the ticket is open in our browser.  Is there a way to go back to the more functional old behavior?

Verified Answer
  • I spoke to someone at Kaseya and was informed that I was using some ASP editing templates that we were never supposed to have had.  It's a shame.  They worked perfectly and were better than what we are stuck with now.

All Replies
  • I opened a support ticket and am being told that service desk no longer operates that way.  Apparently, Kaseya thinks we have no need of having a ticket open while working a ticket.

Sometimes I wonder if their developers ever actually use the software that they write.

• What version did you jump up from?

Never seen SD tickets open up in a separate window. We have only been running SD since 6.2 though.

Would be kind of nice though. We are today running SD in one tab and rest of the modules in a different tab.

• I spoke to someone at Kaseya and was informed that I was using some ASP editing templates that we were never supposed to have had.  It's a shame.  They worked perfectly and were better than what we are stuck with now.