Kaseya Community

Service Desk as Monitoring\Remediation Tool

This question is answered

Is it possible to use the Service Desk as a tool for running remediation processes againt an alert in a process similar to the following:

1. Alert Raised
  2. Open Ticket in Service Desk (Say Low Disk Space)
  3. Execute Procedure to Clean Temp Files
  4. Re-Check Disk - if still within error
  5. Kick off process to report on large files
  6. attach and e-mail details to monitored mailbox for job loggin

The goal is to:

• Reduce the amount of alerting coming through by resolving with automated remediation
  • If not possible to resolve reduce severity of the ticket i.e. a High Priority Alert becoming low due to remediation process run againt the alert
  • If nothing configured for the report e-mail to the alert mailbox directly

I am unable to replace our current job logging system so I can't have manul process at any point during this process.

Verified Answer
  • Hi @Kevin,

Yes it is quite possible to do this with Kaseya Service Desk. There is a good sample of this in the Service Desk, a desk called 'AutomationDesk'. This takes items that were raised as alarms from monitoring, looks up the Agent that they came from, and runs a bunch of diagnosis steps to automatically collect information about the machine and add it to the ticket.

Certainly all the steps you have mentioned above are quite possible, and so is a whole lot more, basically if you can dream it up you can make it happen. If you don't have Service Desk today, you will first need to get that setup. Service Desk is a comprehensive and highly customisable solution, designed to be mapped to your business processes. To make it easy to get started we have templates that cover the most common uses we have seen, and you can then either edit these yourself or have our professional services team work with you.

For all the customers I have worked with I have always recommended to get some professional services time, as this not only trains you on all the amazing capabilities of Service Desk, but makes it much quicker and easier to get to using it live within your business.

Feel free to PM me if you want any more info, or contact your rep to find out how you can get Service Desk if you don't already have it.

All Replies
  • Kevin,

Here's the combination of stuff that I think you would have to use per number -

1 and 2)  This is obvious.  A monitor set or a fixed alert with at least a T in the response (ATSE, T for ticket).

3, 4, 5)  You would need to create an Agent Procedure(s) to handle #3, #4, and #5.  You could use Service Desk's Ticket Request Mapping and Stage Entry to kick off this procedure when a ticket meets your parameters.

6)  I *think* you could use an Agent Procedure and the Ticket Request De-Dup fuction to accomplish this, but I haven't tried something like it just yet...

Good Luck!

• Hi @Kevin,

Yes it is quite possible to do this with Kaseya Service Desk. There is a good sample of this in the Service Desk, a desk called 'AutomationDesk'. This takes items that were raised as alarms from monitoring, looks up the Agent that they came from, and runs a bunch of diagnosis steps to automatically collect information about the machine and add it to the ticket.

Certainly all the steps you have mentioned above are quite possible, and so is a whole lot more, basically if you can dream it up you can make it happen. If you don't have Service Desk today, you will first need to get that setup. Service Desk is a comprehensive and highly customisable solution, designed to be mapped to your business processes. To make it easy to get started we have templates that cover the most common uses we have seen, and you can then either edit these yourself or have our professional services team work with you.

For all the customers I have worked with I have always recommended to get some professional services time, as this not only trains you on all the amazing capabilities of Service Desk, but makes it much quicker and easier to get to using it live within your business.

Feel free to PM me if you want any more info, or contact your rep to find out how you can get Service Desk if you don't already have it.