Kaseya Community

Big Problem with Ticket Merge

• Anybody else have a problem with the fact that when you merge two tickets it closes the original?    The Ticket Closed procedure keeps sending my customers notification that I closed their tickets when I really did not.   I have angered multiple people so far because of merging their tickets.

I know I can disable the Ticket Closed routine, but that doesn't seem like a good solution.

Is there any way I can get some control over the merge routine, and maybe create an alternate status for "Merged" instead of closing those tickets?  

• We had the same problem. I just removed access to the merge function for all of my techs and told them to use link instead.

• Scott

We had the same problem. I just removed access to the merge function for all of my techs and told them to use link instead.

Glad to know we're not the only ones that find this to be an issue.  That's definitely a do-able workaround.   Not really my first preference, but better than angering our customers.   Thanks for the suggestion Scott!

• just wanted to share for others that have suffered from this issue that we found a decent workaround.

i simply added an evaluation in the "Incident enters Closed"  procedure prior to sending out the notification.

we have a policy that requires using the "Solved" stage prior to closing a ticket, to ensure and document acceptance of the solution.  

for us, that meant the actual evaluation was to check the PreviousStage of the ticket, and if it was not "Solved", then we can know that the ticket was closed via the Merge function, and shouldn't send a notification.    the actual evaluation looks like this: [ Tests if PreviousStage is Equal To Solved ]

i'm sure there are other things you can evaluate on, or you could even use a custom field that you could set manually in addition to setting the ticket to closed that the Merge function wouldn't do.   anything that would make your manually closed ticket differ from the automatically closed ticket.

we've been happily free of this issue, but still consider it to be a BUG and would like it to be fixed correctly by Kaseya at some point.    

optimally, we would like to see the merged-in ticket set to an alternate status or stage that makes it obvious that it was not a normally closed ticket.  (simply making a status or stage of "Merged" that operates the same as "Closed" in every way would do the trick)

anyway, just thought i would share guys!