Kaseya Community

Associate emailed tickets to agent

This question is answered

With the old ticketing system, so long as you auto-associated email addresses with agents on the Agent->Edit Profile page, any email from users automatically got associated with their machine.  Doe anyone know if this can be done in Service Desk?  I am unable to find any reference to this in the SD User Guide or any obvious setting or variables in the interface.

Thanks.

Verified Answer
  • Have found the solution.  Needed to use a Execute SQL Select Query step based on the email address and manually assign the Machine field in the mapping procedure.

All Replies
  • Have found the solution.  Needed to use a Execute SQL Select Query step based on the email address and manually assign the Machine field in the mapping procedure.

• How did you assign the Machine field?  I am having a issue with having multiple Service Desks and not wanting my clients to see the other Service Desks. So instead of having them go through Live Connect I have created users for them to login to create a ticket.  I have created a SQL Select Query to match the submitter name to the current logon user and populate a custom field, but I would like to assign the Machine ID field. Any help would be appreciated. I am still on 6.1

Thanks, Erik

• Since doing that, I have blown my test server away and can't get the same command to work on my re-built one. :(

From memory it was SELECT Machine_GroupID FROM dbo.vAgentConfiguration WHERE contactEmail = [$SubmitterEmailAddress$] and then assigned that to the Machine field.